The Student Room Group

seperate sciences gcse (triple)

i j found out i got into triple science which is great! i am a bit worried about the content side though and what if i cant keep up? is it a lot of work and should i focus constantly i'm only year 9 but going on year 10 in September, any tips/advice to help???
Reply 1
Original post by heyhereforhelp
i j found out i got into triple science which is great! i am a bit worried about the content side though and what if i cant keep up? is it a lot of work and should i focus constantly i'm only year 9 but going on year 10 in September, any tips/advice to help???

Hii i am a student who did triple science and have achieved A*s in all sciences don’t pressure yourself with the content too early or you will burn out personally I started revising for my GCSEs towards the end of year 10 when I had mocks looking back the content is not too bad but this was my experience I recommend doing about 1-2hours a day after school a few weeks before year 10 mocks ( if you have them ) or to start revising towards the end of year 10 if you are aiming for A* try to relax and enjoy year 9 because year 10 and 11 will be kinda hard and you don’t want to burn yourself out. :3
Reply 2
Original post by heyhereforhelp

Don't be worried about keeping up with the content, triple science isn't really a big deal and in a lot of schools its required so everyone does it. There is quite a lot of content but it's not too difficult to understand so as long as you pay attention in lessons you'll be fine. The best thing you can do to prepare is making sure you make detailed notes at the end of each topic and that way when it gets to the exam all you need to do is read through and do some practice questions. Make sure you are including everything you need to know by checking the exam board specification. Don't stress to much yet though- I got 8.6 average in my gcses with all 9s in sciences and didn't start revising till yr 11.

Quick Reply

Latest