The Student Room Group

Upcoming first heartbreak ??

so I have a boyfriend of a month now, we met abroad and im leaving really soon, we both do genuinely love each other a lot. Neither of us have had a relationship before this and we knew it was gonna end early but I'm really sad cause I like him so much. We speak every day and text too but we're not gonna b able to yk be next to each other and talk alone and kiss and like I'm gonna b an emotional wreck when I get home, also I don't want to like forget him because he's so lovely.
So what can I do to like not be so miserable , what's worst is that hes going to be upset too and im not going to be able to do anything about it
Reply 1
Why is it going to end early; why can't you do a long-distance relationship?

If you can't commit when things get difficult, what made you get involved in the first place?
Original post by Anonymous
so I have a boyfriend of a month now, we met abroad and im leaving really soon, we both do genuinely love each other a lot. Neither of us have had a relationship before this and we knew it was gonna end early but I'm really sad cause I like him so much. We speak every day and text too but we're not gonna b able to yk be next to each other and talk alone and kiss and like I'm gonna b an emotional wreck when I get home, also I don't want to like forget him because he's so lovely.
So what can I do to like not be so miserable , what's worst is that hes going to be upset too and im not going to be able to do anything about it

It is hard but there's nothing you can do, long distances don't work out
Reply 3
Original post by Stranger girl
long distances don't work out

Speaking from personal experience, they do if you are prepared to make the effort.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Why is it going to end early; why can't you do a long-distance relationship?

If you can't commit when things get difficult, what made you get involved in the first place?

We can't realistically do a long distance relationship, my parents are Africa and they don't know I'm with him. They can see all our texts etc, also were
Reply 5
We can't realistically do a long distance relationship, my parents are Africa and they don't know I'm with him. They can see all our texts etc, also were

Also were both really awkward over text. How do long distance relationships work?
Reply 6

* My parents Are strict. I have autocorrect on
Reply 7

Then you manage it until you are old enough to make your own decisions. Communication, patience and a plan to meet up when.possible.
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
Then you manage it until you are old enough to make your own decisions. Communication, patience and a plan to meet up when.possible.

Well yeah obviously we're gonna do that, we're doing that now. I got home and like the realisation that he's not there is the worst, I'm crying alit, he's crying a lot., What do we do to stop feeling so sad tho
Well yeah obviously we're gonna do that, we're doing that now. I got home and like the realisation that he's not there is the worst, I'm crying alit, he's crying a lot., What do we do to stop feeling so sad tho

Did you sleep with each other?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending