The Student Room Group

Adult nursing

I have been told by patients and family members you are so good to patients you’ll be a brilliant nurse however do you think it is worth me doing my second year again in another university as I didn’t pass an one assignment in my current university so I have applied in another university to do my second year.Nursing is all I have ever wanted to do
Reply 1
Original post by Madihah1999
I have been told by patients and family members you are so good to patients you’ll be a brilliant nurse however do you think it is worth me doing my second year again in another university as I didn’t pass an one assignment in my current university so I have applied in another university to do my second year.Nursing is all I have ever wanted to do

@Emily_B what do you think 🤔💭..
Never give up becoming a nurse 😞😞 this is something you want to do but you have to put in the hard work and make sure you pass all your essays and assignments and placements throughout the whole three years of the course.

Hopefully you'll be accepted at your other university and this time around make sure you pass everything going as you'll not get another opportunity if you fail those again.

Good luck with things.

It will be easier to retake the assignment at your current uni. Have you been given that option? A new uni is unlikely to take you if you have failed first year elsewhere.

It's recommended that you speak with your current university about resitting your failed assignment, as other universities may not accept you if you have failed a year elsewhere. Definitely make a meeting with your module leader for the failed assignment and your cohort leader and try to look at what can be done for you

Don't give up, nursing can be hard, but it is so worth it!

Nat (current student nurse)
Reply 4

Have you tried resitting the assignment at the university you're currently at? Will they let you resit the year? This will be loads easier than trying to start from 2nd year at another university.

Hi,

I would recommend you speak to your module lead in the module you failed as you may find it difficult to get accepted at another university with a failed module. I would speak to your module lead and ask for some more support in completing the assessment and try your best to complete it as if nursing is all you want to do then don't let this one setback turn you off your dream!

Nursing is a really hard degree but as a 3rd year, who's nearly at the finish line, I promise you it's so worth it! Also, if you're receiving feedback that you are a brilliant nurse, then it's obviously the career for you!

Try not to give up and contact that module lead to get yourself back on track.

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending