The Student Room Group

Student Finance / Withdrawal from Masters

Hi guys,

I've put a request in to withdraw from my masters, I'm currently on week 5 of my first 12 week term.

I've had a student finance payment from SFE for my first term and paid that to my uni, but as I'm withdrawing at this stage - I would imagine it would be counted as an overpayment to me by SFE, and require me to make a repayment immediately.

Obviously that's expensive and I can't afford that, so the other option by looks of it is a repayment plan for that overpayment.

I was just wondering how to works in terms of setting it? What criteria do I have to meet, what's does a normal repayment plan look like etc.?

Thanks for you help!
Original post by freyno01
Hi guys,

I've put a request in to withdraw from my masters, I'm currently on week 5 of my first 12 week term.

I've had a student finance payment from SFE for my first term and paid that to my uni, but as I'm withdrawing at this stage - I would imagine it would be counted as an overpayment to me by SFE, and require me to make a repayment immediately.

Obviously that's expensive and I can't afford that, so the other option by looks of it is a repayment plan for that overpayment.

I was just wondering how to works in terms of setting it? What criteria do I have to meet, what's does a normal repayment plan look like etc.?

Thanks for you help!

Hi there,

This won't count as an overpayment, rest assured.

When you withdrawn from a Masters course after receiving a payment this doesn't count as an overpayment: instead, you'll just repay it normally along with any other loan you have once you're earning above the income threshold.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending