The Student Room Group

Which one?

I am a private candidate deciding to step in the realm of education once again.
I will be sitting biology chemistry and physics.
I have the option if sitting 1 of these subjects in 2024 and the other 2 in 2025.
Just wondering which one to sit in 2024 (with only 6 months of study available)
Original post by Cherrysweet.x
I am a private candidate deciding to step in the realm of education once again.
I will be sitting biology chemistry and physics.
I have the option if sitting 1 of these subjects in 2024 and the other 2 in 2025.
Just wondering which one to sit in 2024 (with only 6 months of study available)

Hi there!

Good to hear you want to study again [always always a great idea!] I am assuming that you are taking up A levels [??]
My inkling is that you should research which of these three have the least amount of actual practical work [I know for a fact that biology is mostly theoretical these days [cos I teach this subject privately]], but I have no idea about current practice in the other 2 subjects.

I found that, as widely publicized, it is more difficult to learn skills that involve manual dexterity as a mature student [tho your profile pic suggests that you are younger than I was in my first instance of mature student days.

I wish you the best of luck in your venture!
M
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon

Hi there!

Good to hear you want to study again [always always a great idea!] I am assuming that you are taking up A levels [??]
My inkling is that you should research which of these three have the least amount of actual practical work [I know for a fact that biology is mostly theoretical these days [cos I teach this subject privately]], but I have no idea about current practice in the other 2 subjects.

I found that, as widely publicized, it is more difficult to learn skills that involve manual dexterity as a mature student [tho your profile pic suggests that you are younger than I was in my first instance of mature student days.

I wish you the best of luck in your venture!
M

Thank you for the advice, yes that really makes sense, I find maths slightly harder than I used to.. haha I'm 21. Liked studying but then life happened and I had to interrupt everything and start working. Any other advice would be very appreciated! Is studying biology in 6 months doable?

Quick Reply

Latest