The Student Room Group

academic dismissal

Hi , I am an undergraduate international student pursuing Computer Engineering , studying in America and got dismissed from university. I am now here in UK , can i start all over again here in UK. Does any of the university here takes Academically dismissed students? I want to start over again and don't want my Anxiety issues to ruin me.
Reply 1
'Academically dismissed' - for what, exactly?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
'Academically dismissed' - for what, exactly?

poor grades due to anxiety.
Original post by Anonymous

Most if not all UK universities will consider you after a "false start" elsewhere. It might be helpful if your academic referee is familiar with the situation and can comment on it?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1

Being practical, how will it be different second time around? Are you getting professional medical help?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi , I am an undergraduate international student pursuing Computer Engineering , studying in America and got dismissed from university. I am now here in UK , can i start all over again here in UK. Does any of the university here takes Academically dismissed students? I want to start over again and don't want my Anxiety issues to ruin me.

Hi!

Often, universities will allow academically dismissed students to continue studying for a degree with them if there is evidence that you have sought to improve. For example, you received poor grades due to anxiety and this led to your dismissal - what would you do to prevent that from happening again? Are you attending therapy or taking medication? Have you contacted DSA for accommodations to be made? If so, then it is likely you will be able to start again.

If attending is difficult due to your anxiety, some universities offer remote courses where you don’t need to go into campus. If this is an option you need to take, then perhaps look into it.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending