The Student Room Group

Oxford Brookes or Kent?

Which course is better for psychology? I'm torn on which to pick
Original post by LoafOfBread05

Which course do you prefer? Compare modules and optional modules for all years of the course, and see what interests you the most.
Reply 2
Have you been to an Open Day at either of them?
Original post by McGinger
Have you been to an Open Day at either of them?

The only open days Kent and Oxford Brookes have are on the same day (I'm going to visit Kent), Kent is better ranked but Oxford Brookes has more interesting modueles and I much prefer Oxford over Cantebury location-wise. I'm however unsure about Brookes' reputation, being an ex-poly and all (Though I've heard it's one of the better ones)
Employers do not care about which university you go to, unless you are studying law or perhaps a couple of other subjects. The majority of psychology courses are BPS accredited, another reason that it does not matter. Go to Oxford Brookes if you think you would prefer it.
(edited 5 months ago)
The only open days Kent and Oxford Brookes have are on the same day (I'm going to visit Kent), Kent is better ranked but Oxford Brookes has more interesting modueles and I much prefer Oxford over Cantebury location-wise. I'm however unsure about Brookes' reputation, being an ex-poly and all (Though I've heard it's one of the better ones)

Hey @LoafOfBread05 ,

It is great to hear that you want to join us for an open day!

I would like to echo what others have said about choosing the right university for you. A few things to consider before coming to our open day so you can compare between the universities:

Talk to staff and students (if student ambassadors are there)

Find out about entry requirements

Look around the campus and Canterbury

Go in with questions

Look/ask about support students receive

I hope these help as a starting point. After the open day I would say make a note of the things you liked and didnt like. It can be something as small as, I liked the layout of the building. Anything and everything you can remember so when you are evaluating and comparing with Oxford Brookes you do not have to rely on memory.

Finally, your university choice is YOURS and no one elses.

All the best and good luck.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 6

Im at brookes doing psychology and i really like it (other than all of the coursework and research haha) but i really like it and i love being in oxford. My friend is at kent and she loves it so it really just depends on whats important to you like reputation, rankings and location. Just try and see where you think that you'll have fun and can imagine living there, but don't forget about life after uni and which one will help you get future jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest