The Student Room Group

cifas marker

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StriderHort
That is a valid presumption, but they didn't use those words or refer to a payment.... reading between the lines of the 1 question the OP has been repeatedly asked and not clarified.. I somewhat suspect they gave out the access details or something more serious that just the Sort & Account numbers.

Agreed. People who get CIFAS markers are rarely open an honest about what happened.

In this instance all we know is that it was "due to something that is completely out of my control" and "I have (gave) my bank details to a friend cause they owed me some money". That's clearly not whole story!
Original post by DataVenia
Agreed. People who get CIFAS markers are rarely open an honest about what happened.

In this instance all we know is that it was "due to something that is completely out of my control" and "I have (gave) my bank details to a friend cause they owed me some money". That's clearly not whole story!

Thinking about it, out of all the Cifas enquiries I've seen or interacted with in my years on TSR, I can think of maybe 2 where they appeared to be genuinely unknowing victims of fraud or coincidence, they near always turn out to have done something flagrantly in violation of the account or acted out of greed.
Original post by StriderHort
Thinking about it, out of all the Cifas enquiries I've seen or interacted with in my years on TSR, I can think of maybe 2 where they appeared to be genuinely unknowing victims of fraud or coincidence, they near always turn out to have done something flagrantly in violation of the account or acted out of greed.

I can only think of one (this one), but you've been on TSR far longer that I.
Original post by DataVenia
I can only think of one (this one), but you've been on TSR far longer that I.

I hadn't seen that one so call it 3, specifically first party fraud/Cat 6 markers are the ones I've never seen people innocent of.
Hi all,
it’s been while since i’ve last updated but it’s been a lot and they said that i need to give evidence. this might be a stupid question to ask but would it affect my chances of getting car insurance?
Original post by kookyseahorse05
Hi all,
it’s been while since i’ve last updated but it’s been a lot and they said that i need to give evidence. this might be a stupid question to ask but would it affect my chances of getting car insurance?

Not a stupid question. If you pay for your car insurance as one payment at the start of a 12-month period, then I suspect this will not be an issue. However, if you pay for your car insurance monthly then technically you're taking out a 12-month loan of the annual amount and paying it back in monthly installments. That may be an issue with the marker in place.
Reply 26
Original post by kookyseahorse05
Hi all,

I agree with what @DataVenia has written, as far as the credit side of things goes.

The only thing I'd add is that is if your Cifas marker is for application fraud (rather than, for example, money muling) then it's perhaps possible that you'd have difficulty getting insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending