The Student Room Group

MORSE BSc Warwick PS URGENT

urgent

I'm about to request to switch my application from Economics to MORSE, my PS has 60% economics 40% stats and maths related to econ
For context predicted 5A* with EPQ and FM with 9999999998 GCSEs

Am I likely to get an offer or will my PS weaken my application for MORSE?
(edited 5 months ago)
Well MORSE is fundamentally a maths course but I believe usually they set offers with STEP requirements so I suspect the offer rate is higher as they know fewer will meet the offer requirements anyway - thus PS may be less crucial.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Well MORSE is fundamentally a maths course but I believe usually they set offers with STEP requirements so I suspect the offer rate is higher as they know fewer will meet the offer requirements anyway - thus PS may be less crucial.

Ok thanks, but STEP isn't required on their website, it's just an alternative offer, unless I'm reading this wrong..
Original post by yzven
Ok thanks, but STEP isn't required on their website, it's just an alternative offer, unless I'm reading this wrong..

My understanding is you get all the conditions in your offer and then you have to meet one of them. I gather though most take STEP to give themselves the chance of the lower offer as fewer achieve the non-STEP offer.

You should recognise though that it is formally a maths course. It's not really an economics degree with extra maths and stats. You only do a single economics module in first year and most of the first two years is maths and stats - and not the mathematical methods kind of maths you do in an economics degree, but actual degree level abstract, proof based maths.

So you should be sure it's actually appropriate for your interests and manage your expectations accordingly. The website mentions in terms of PSs they are happy to accept maths PSs as they understand most applicants are applying to maths elsewhere - if you are not you may need to reflect on why that is and again, consider if the course actually aligns with your plans and interests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending