The Student Room Group

Is this answer correct for my psychology assignment

The question is
"Mr.ABC has a fear of loud sounds and noises due to coming from a war-torn country. Treat Mr. ABC's fear through classical conditioning.
This is my answer
So if I have a client who has a fear of loud sounds, I would start the treatment by asking him to make a list of sounds that scare him, starting with the least scary and ending the list with the most scary. Once he does that, I will then teach him relaxation techniques. Once he's done with that, I will introduce him to the sound that least scares him, and while he listens to that, I will make him practice those relaxation techniques and basically pair the relaxation techniques with the sound so that the unconditioned response changes from fear to relaxation. Once he has done with that, we would move up the list and continue to pair the distressing sound with relaxation until eventually he is no longer scared of loud noises.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
The question is
"Mr.ABC has a fear of loud sounds and noises due to coming from a war-torn country. Treat Mr. ABC's fear through classical conditioning.
This is my answer
So if I have a client who has a fear of loud sounds, I would start the treatment by asking him to make a list of sounds that scare him, starting with the least scary and ending the list with the most scary. Once he does that, I will then teach him relaxation techniques. Once he's done with that, I will introduce him to the sound that least scares him, and while he listens to that, I will make him practice those relaxation techniques and basically pair the relaxation techniques with the sound so that the unconditioned response changes from fear to relaxation. Once he has done with that, we would move up the list and continue to pair the distressing sound with relaxation until eventually he is no longer scared of loud noises.

Hi I would love to give you my comments on your work

Quick Reply

Latest