The Student Room Group
Arden University

Arden University

What do yo guys think about Arden University?
Reply 1
bumping
Arden University
I love it. I started in January and was torn between open uni. So far it’s been really rewarding.
Reply 3
What course are you taking?
Are the resources good?
Do the profs provide enough personal help and feedback?
Original post by Krood
What course are you taking?
Are the resources good?
Do the profs provide enough personal help and feedback?

Hi I’m on the BSc Psychology. There’s an online database of research and a library. You get formative feedback on your assignments 2 weeks before submission date if you get them up the tutor on-time. Normally get 4 lectures on line which you can listen to if you can’t make them.
I chose Arden over open uni because I didn’t like 60 credit modules at open uni at Arden I do 6 20 credit modules and they’re really interesting. I like the fact that they’re finished and then you move on to your next modules. I also heard the open uni grading system is really odd and doesn’t match regular unis.
I think you have to be ‘on it’ though wherever you are. As in be 1000% on top of everything. I have the handbook printed out in a folder and I read Everything! Best of luck
Hi I am also studying at Arden University a BA honours degree in psychology and sociology, I am currently half way through my third year and I have honestly found Arden brilliant, i haven't had any trouble, all the work is very understandable and any questions you have the tutors respond very quickly you can arrange video chats with them also. They provide you with feedback on your assignments before you submit them to be marked so you can improve them too, im happy to answer any more questions, good luck.
Louise :smile:
Hi there!

I am currently in my third year at Arden University studying Criminology and Psychology and thoroughly enjoy it! As someone who was never really super interested in education throughout my school years, this university has made me enjoy it to the point I am always ready to learn more. The content given is easy to access and given to you in an understanding manner and any issues or questions that you may have, your tutors are always there to lend a helping hand usually instantly! You also have the opportunity to converse with former students there as well which I feel is great for some people who may feel out of their comfort zone!

Always happy to answer any more questions you may have!

Toni,
Arden University Student Ambassador
I enjoy my study at Arden. Currently studying MSc project management and journey so far has been good. The module leaders always quick to respond to any queries, and student support really helpful. I am writing my dissertation and my supervisor always responds to my queries within a max of 24 hours.. definitely recommend
Reply 8
Original post by a198
What do yo guys think about Arden University?

Don't study with Arden, really disappointing. Putting you low, can depress you.
I am also interesting in the same MSc.Did you finished?
Original post by Ibrahim ladan
I enjoy my study at Arden. Currently studying MSc project management and journey so far has been good. The module leaders always quick to respond to any queries, and student support really helpful. I am writing my dissertation and my supervisor always responds to my queries within a max of 24 hours.. definitely recommend
@theologos
Hello! I didn't do the MSc in Project Management but I did do the MSc in Psychology at Arden and had a great time. I am going to be biased as I loved my time there so for some balance why not check out the Universities quality report with the QAA or their Teaching Excellence Framework Report (both readily available online)

I've worked in F.E/H.E for over 10 years and Arden have the best Virtual Learning Environment I have seen

Marc
Reply 11
Original post by iiXTaylL
Don't study with Arden, really disappointing. Putting you low, can depress you.

I am actually considering Arden. Can you tell a bit more why you are feeling disappointed !
Original post by Pascal SY
I am actually considering Arden. Can you tell a bit more why you are feeling disappointed !

@Pascal SY
Hi! You may have seen my older post from 9 months ago, I studied at Arden and did my MSc Psychology there and had a great time. Sometimes students can struggle with online learning if you are more used to a traditional lecture theatre and seminar environment, however, Arden does offer blended learning with centres in Manchester, London, Birmingham, and Leeds.

Marc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending