The Student Room Group

Marking error in uni essay

Hi I’m in a really bad situation and need some advice I recently did a resit for one of my assignments and in my previous version there was a section answering a question that got quite a high mark this section has ticks next to it on the feedback and wasn’t even mentioned in the feedback summary so I kept it mostly the same as the context/meaning didn’t change in my resit expecting a similar mark for that section and focused on the other weaknesses highlighted however when I got my feedback for the resit I had fallen a few marks short of a pass and it was because that section which was answering the same question and had the same meaning/context in my new essay had been drastically reduced in marks and as a result I’m being withdrawn. I put in an appeal but got told the evidence was insufficient as I was questioning examiner judgement which isn’t allowed. I feel really wronged it looks like an error and now I’m going to be withdrawn for something which isn’t my fault the feedback previously gave the impression it was a really good section there I didn’t change much. Does anyone have advice on what I could do.
Reply 1
Hi,
I feel you… I did resit for 2 papers during my masters. I cannot advice you here since yours is an assignment. However, If I were you I’d request for another resit and explain them why you deserve another chance. The members in the board committee are rigid and firm with their decision I assume.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Self plagiarism, maybe? I know at my place you couldn't use the same answer twice.
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
Self plagiarism, maybe? I know at my place you couldn't use the same answer twice.

No he actually recommended we keep the things that got marks and for resits you can use answers which were correct as long as they’re yours
Original post by gjd800

why do unis check for plagiarism in written exams? it is hard enough already
Reply 5
Original post by Us15
No he actually recommended we keep the things that got marks and for resits you can use answers which were correct as long as they’re yours

In that case I'm baffled! I'd contact the actual marker to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending