The Student Room Group

Access to Higher Education -- Write an Academic Report

"You are required to write an academic report that demonstrates your understanding of psychological research."

But I don't know how to structure it all?

it's a 2,000 word count and I have been given guidance to sections i must address in the report (which total to approx 1600 words) but how is it supposed to be layed out?

Title Page
Contents
Introduction
Section required addressed
References
Bibliography

?

OR WHAT?
Original post by SamBra
"You are required to write an academic report that demonstrates your understanding of psychological research."

But I don't know how to structure it all?

it's a 2,000 word count and I have been given guidance to sections i must address in the report (which total to approx 1600 words) but how is it supposed to be layed out?

Title Page
Contents
Introduction
Section required addressed
References
Bibliography

?

OR WHAT?

hi, I had to do an academic report as on of my assignments too, as it was ungraded unit it came back as achieved but i was told by my marker it was very good layout and had very little improvements to make to it. I laid mine out in the format:
Title
Scope (aim of research)
Table of Contents
Research Methodology
Findings
Conclusions
Reccomendations
References
Bibliography.
Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by NatalieIneson
hi, I had to do an academic report as on of my assignments too, as it was ungraded unit it came back as achieved but i was told by my marker it was very good layout and had very little improvements to make to it. I laid mine out in the format:
Title
Scope (aim of research)
Table of Contents
Research Methodology
Findings
Conclusions
Reccomendations
References
Bibliography.
Hope this helps.

thank you. Yes.

Did you include the questions or any exerpts from the assignment brief in the sections? or did you just write the answers in each section?
Original post by SamBra
thank you. Yes.

Did you include the questions or any exerpts from the assignment brief in the sections? or did you just write the answers in each section?

I just wrote all my answers under the relevant headings as listed before. i initially really over-complicated the assignment in my head, just write all answers in the sections and you should be fine.
Reply 4
Did you use a separate page for each section?
Reply 5
Original post by DeeMun41
Did you use a separate page for each section?

I have done an academic report of the roles and responsibilities of the NHS and no u dont need a seperate page for each section.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending