The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan??

Hi guys,
I wanted to ask whether anyone would know the answer to this.
I first went to uni in 2018 studying MPharm that was a course for 4 years, got student finance loans funding for the first year and dropped out as it wasn't right for me.
I then took a gap year and went back into uni in 2020, then studied my 3 year BSc and graduated this summer!

Want to go back to uni to study MA Law conversion course in January, but not sure whether I can get the postgrad loan funding for it?
Original post by misss1992
Hi guys,
I first went to uni in 2018 studying MPharm that was a course for 4 years, got student finance loans funding for the first year and dropped out as it wasn't right for me.
I then took a gap year and went back into uni in 2020, then studied my 3 year BSc and graduated this summer!

Want to go back to uni to study MA Law conversion course in January, but not sure whether I can get the postgrad loan funding for it?

Hi there,

If you have received Postgraduate funding before, you won't be eligible for this again without Compelling Personal Reasons (CRP) evidence. The evidence needs to confirm the CPR reasons why you didn't complete your previous course. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

If you have received Postgraduate funding before, you won't be eligible for this again without Compelling Personal Reasons (CRP) evidence. The evidence needs to confirm the CPR reasons why you didn't complete your previous course. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your reply!

I only did 1 year of Pharmacy, therefore it was an undergraduate year.
Does this mean I haven't received Postgraduate funding for it?
Thank you :smile:
Hi misss1992,

You said you were studying a MPharm? Was it actually an undergraduate degree?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Hi Calum,

It was a 4 year degree, but I studied the first year of it therefore I'm not sure whether that counts as Postgraduate funding?

Thank you!
Hi Calum,

It was a 4 year degree, but I studied the first year of it therefore I'm not sure whether that counts as Postgraduate funding?

Thank you!

Hi there,

Thank you, this means you haven't claimed any Postgraduate Masters Loan funding yet.

Just to check, can you please tell us the full name of this Law course and the university?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Thank you Graeme!
It's an MA Law (SQE1) course at University of Law.
Hi guys,

Hi there,

If you have studied an undergraduate course and now have this qualification then you should be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan as this is a higher qualification. Can you confirm what nationality you are, have you been living in the UK for the last 3 years and how old are you? Can you confirm what university you will attend?

Thanks, Drew
Thank you Graeme!
It's an MA Law (SQE1) course at University of Law.

Hi there. Is this the new course you are planning on studying? If so, could you confirm the full name and university of the MPharm you previous studied? Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending