The Student Room Group

Transferring

Long question, when I began my post grad conversion degree I was full time. I later decided to go part time to cope with the workload. Now I can’t cope at all and want to transfer to a history degree. I am not sure what to do student finance wise. SLC says I am still studying part time, I was told my uni would contact SLC to notify them of the change. I’m really stuck on what to do next, can anyone help?
Original post by Is Ribs
Long question, when I began my post grad conversion degree I was full time. I later decided to go part time to cope with the workload. Now I can’t cope at all and want to transfer to a history degree. I am not sure what to do student finance wise. SLC says I am still studying part time, I was told my uni would contact SLC to notify them of the change. I’m really stuck on what to do next, can anyone help?

Hi there,

Can you please confirm what kind of funding you get from us? For example, is it the Postgraduate Loan, or the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
I get a Postgraduate loan.
Original post by Is Ribs
I get a Postgraduate loan.

Okay, if you're transferring you just need to confirm this with your university. If this is a postgraduate course too they'll send us a Change of Circumstances (COC) confirming this and we'll update your application.

That way, you'll still be entitled to the rest of the Postgraduate Loan that you haven't already received.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending