The Student Room Group

unconsented disclosure for extenuating circumstances

I have just applied to university for medicine in the 2024 application round and i requested my teacher reference from UCAS. I found that my school had disclosed health information without my consent, that they only had for access arrangements, in the extenuating circumstances section. They made me sound stupid and wrote down incorrect information when I am predicted 3A*s and am doing fine in school. Does anyone have a similar experience? I don't know how to resolve this situation as I feel as if I will be discriminated against. Does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by anonymous2458
I have just applied to university for medicine in the 2024 application round and i requested my teacher reference from UCAS. I found that my school had disclosed health information without my consent, that they only had for access arrangements, in the extenuating circumstances section. They made me sound stupid and wrote down incorrect information when I am predicted 3A*s and am doing fine in school. Does anyone have a similar experience? I don't know how to resolve this situation as I feel as if I will be discriminated against. Does anyone have any advice?

I'm sorry to hear about your scenario. It's critical to address this trouble directly to make sure it doesn't adversely affect your college utility.

*Here are some steps you might consider taking:
#Contact Your School: Reach out to your college management or the character responsible for coping with UCAS references. Express your concerns about the disclosed fitness records and inaccuracies in your reference. Provide proof of your predicted grades and any achievements to support your case.
#Request a Revised Reference: Politely request that your college revises the reference to appropriately replicate your academic overall performance and achievements. Highlight the capability effect this reference ought to have on your college utility.
#Speak to Your Teacher: If you have an excellent relationship with the trainer who wrote the reference, don't forget discussing your issues with them at once. Clarify any misunderstandings and offer additional facts to assist them accurate the inaccuracies. Contact UCAS: If your school is unresponsive or unwilling to revise the reference, bear in mind achieving out to UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). Explain the scenario and offer any assisting documentation. They may be able to guide you on the next steps.
#Gather Supporting Documents: Collect any relevant files, which includes your expected grades, achievements, or other evidence that contradicts the statistics within the reference. This documentation could be precious in assisting your case for a revised reference.
#Seek Guidance from a Counselor: If you continue to face demanding situations, recollect in search of steering from a faculty counselor or an outside counselor. They may also provide support in navigating the situation and propose you at the best path of motion.

Remember to stay calm and professional during this method. It's vital to resolve the difficulty right away to make certain your university software as it should be represents your capabilities and achievements. If you come across in addition demanding situations, you could need to talk over with an educational advisor or seek criminal recommendation to discover your alternatives.
Reply 2
Original post by adams267
I'm sorry to hear about your scenario. It's critical to address this trouble directly to make sure it doesn't adversely affect your college utility.

*Here are some steps you might consider taking:
#Contact Your School: Reach out to your college management or the character responsible for coping with UCAS references. Express your concerns about the disclosed fitness records and inaccuracies in your reference. Provide proof of your predicted grades and any achievements to support your case.
#Request a Revised Reference: Politely request that your college revises the reference to appropriately replicate your academic overall performance and achievements. Highlight the capability effect this reference ought to have on your college utility.
#Speak to Your Teacher: If you have an excellent relationship with the trainer who wrote the reference, don't forget discussing your issues with them at once. Clarify any misunderstandings and offer additional facts to assist them accurate the inaccuracies. Contact UCAS: If your school is unresponsive or unwilling to revise the reference, bear in mind achieving out to UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). Explain the scenario and offer any assisting documentation. They may be able to guide you on the next steps.
#Gather Supporting Documents: Collect any relevant files, which includes your expected grades, achievements, or other evidence that contradicts the statistics within the reference. This documentation could be precious in assisting your case for a revised reference.
#Seek Guidance from a Counselor: If you continue to face demanding situations, recollect in search of steering from a faculty counselor or an outside counselor. They may also provide support in navigating the situation and propose you at the best path of motion.

Remember to stay calm and professional during this method. It's vital to resolve the difficulty right away to make certain your university software as it should be represents your capabilities and achievements. If you come across in addition demanding situations, you could need to talk over with an educational advisor or seek criminal recommendation to discover your alternatives.

Thank you so much for your advice. It is really appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending