The Student Room Group

deleted

deleted
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by rutle
I already have my A-level grades so
•apply to 4 unis
•hopefully given descion quickly
•add a predicted grade for a 4th subject and apply to my last uni whilst I also email the unis prior to see if they are okay and it won’t effect my offers

Yes and no. Applying to four unis initially and then adding a fifth choice later is a definite yes. This is a sound tactic in many cases.

Adding a new qualification after having submitted your UCAS application is also possible. (You'd use this form to do so.)

The step you couldn't do, as I understand things, is to add a predicted grade for the additional A level. This would require UCAS to recontact your referee to get the predicted grade, and I just do think they do that. @PQ? @Admit-One?

Are you taking the additional A level as a private candidate? Is that making it difficult to get a predicted grade? Or is there some other reason that you won't have a predicted grade for it at the point you wish to submit your application?
The reference (including predictions) can’t be amended after applying.
Unless there is some other reason, I would just do this the other way around: apply with 4 AL's, wait for offers, then request to the unis to drop them if not included in the offer conditions.
Original post by rutle
I’d have to be a private candidate to take an extra a-level that only 1 uni wants and predicted grade is difficult and I don’t want it to effect my offers with the other unis

Understood. I feel that you either find a way to obtain a predicted grade for the extra A level, leave it as a "pending" grade without a prediction, or forgo applying to the one university which requires it.

Note also that your original plan of omitting it from your application, and adding it later, it outside the UCAS rules. They make it clear on this page that, "You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards whether you have the result (even any that were ungraded) or you’re still awaiting exams and results." (That's their bold, not mine.) Note the this applies even if "you’re still awaiting exams".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending