The Student Room Group

It’s bare minimum time! pineapple1865’s Q2 grind | GYG 2023/24

Welcome to my first GYG!! GYG ¡Bienvenidos a mi primer blog GYG!

My goal today is to make this blog (procrastinated doing this yesterdayyy and the day beforeeeee) From one habitual disastinator to another, this blog is here to motivate me (and hopefully you too!), to keep my end-goals in sight, and to remind me of my mottos:

“Something is better than nothing”,
“Late is better than never”, and
“If something is worth doing, then it’s worth doing half-a**ed”

Name of this blog: During my GCSE’s, I always did (my version of) the bare minimum and was pretty pleased with what I had accomplished, as well as having wayyyyy too much down time haha. So I plan to keep doing it for my own sanity’s sake :smile: (spoken like a true exam crammer)
Anyways, kind people of the internet, please fasten your seatbelts cause it’s going to be a bumpy one!

Academics:
GCSE’s:

Spoiler

A Level’s (Predicted and Goalssss):

Spoiler

UCAS (Updates + Offers + More Goals!):

Spoiler

About Me :)

Hobbies/things I get up to in my free time:

Spoiler

Linguistics and language-related madness:

Spoiler

That is all for now (wow that took a long time)

Timeline from now until the summer:

Spoiler

Key Updates:
Sitting the LAA!
I’m back after taking a break!
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

15/11/2023
Daily reflection(s):
Wow we’re already half way through November :redface:

Goals for the rest of the day:
📈Spanish EP task
🔘14 grammar pages
🔘Doing some Italian bc I haven’t done work in a whileee😅
(edited 5 months ago)
16/11/2023
Daily reflection(s):
I keep falling asleep sporadically (maybe this is a sign that I should try and fix my sleep schedule)
Also does anyone else ever think abt doing smth w/o actually doing it & then doesn’t do the actual thing (see below)

🔘4 more grammar pages (inc previous work, did 11 yesterday and fell asleep (!))
🔘Doing some Italian (thought abt doing this but then just didn’t (?))
Ooh yay I spy linguistics posting and watching! :woo:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Ooh yay I spy linguistics posting and watching! :woo:

Yayyy welcome, welcome :smile:
17/11/2023:
Daily Reflection(s):
I fell asleep again last night ./ & woke up to watch more aviation yt & managed to use all of my data for the first time ever; got to wait until next month now :redface:
Finished school now & am craving a bit of food from the local Thai food truck (maybe I’ll just get some takeout lol)
Feeling ambitious today; getting my study playlist out & ready to do some light work to warm up (we’ll see how I feel by the end & how much I’ve done haha)
I’ve got this (yes I do) Motivation here I come

Edit: ok might’ve been a bit too ambitious

💮Finire la lezione 4🇮🇹
🔘Leer el texto del resúmen🇪🇸
🔘Hacer 5 páginas de gramática🇪🇸
💮400 puntos en EP🇪🇸
🔘Normal Maths Applied Y2, Ex 3E🎲
🔘NM Applied Y2, Ex 3F🎲
🔘NM Applied Y2, Ex 3G🎲
🔘Listen to ≥1 Lingthusiasm episodes /ʕə/
(edited 5 months ago)
20/11/2023:
Daily Reflection(s):
I’ve come to realise how much a positive outlook on life can affect my overall wellbeing
Like honestly I’d rather have been more unproductive than I’d like to have been & gotten quality sleep, quality food & quality down time than grind to the point of obsession

I have actually done a bit of work today (hooray!) so that’s always good to know :smile:

💮Normal Maths Applied Y2, Ex 3E🎲
💮NM Applied Y2, Ex 3F🎲
💮NM Applied Y2, Ex 3G🎲
💮Listen to ≥1 Lingthusiasm episodes /ʕə/t
💮Leer las noticias de BBC mundo🇪🇸
🔘Do a LAA past paper in timed conditions (40 mins) /ʕə/ <= possibly gonna do this tmr
🔘Listen to more of the Prodigal Tongue /ʕə/ (in preparation for my mock interview tmr (!)
🔘200 EP points🇪🇸 <= (almost there, will finish this off tmr)
🔘Resumen de un artículo🇪🇸
🔘Finire la lezione 3 🇮🇹
🔘Look at a LAA mark scheme & memorise the differences/similarities that I could note for a potential question /ʕə/
🔘Make something good to eat :smile:
21/11/2023:
Daily Reflection(s):
Currently procrastinating waiting for my first mock interview ahhhh! Panic reading lmao
I actually made lunch for the first time on a weekday (I usually don’t bc I run out of time) & it was quite nice would consider doing it as a long term thing

💮Do a LAA past paper in timed conditions (40 mins) /ʕə/
💮200 +200 EP points🇪🇸
💮Look at a LAA mark scheme & memorise the differences/similarities that I could note for a potential question /ʕə/ (ish, need to come back to this :smile:)
💮Make something good to eat (had tempura + leftover fried chicken, no photo tho)

🔘Resumen de un artículo🇪🇸
🔘Finire la lezione 3 🇮🇹
🔘Listen to more of the Prodigal Tongue /ʕə/
🔘Listen to ≥1 Lingthusiasm episodes /ʕə/t
🔘Leer las noticias de BBC mundo🇪🇸
🔘NM Applied Y2, Mixed Ex 3🎲
🔘Revise a bit (do the Review Ex 1) for my stats test tmr 🎲
🔘Send an email to my teachers abt missing lessons & an email to my classmates for clips for a video I’m editing

I think that that is all for now & I shouldn’t be procrastinating any longer haha
(edited 5 months ago)
24/11/2023:
Daily reflection(s):
Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg I’ve got my Linguistics Admissions assessment in < 1hr
Am eating ice cream to calm myself down but I’m not calming down hahahaha
Am freaking out just a tad (ice cream tho)

Will update this after I finish :smile:
Update here
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by pineapple1865

Good luck with it!! :h:
24/11/2023:
Daily reflection(s):

Let us know how it goes! Also, obvious important question - what flavour ice cream?
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Good luck with it!! :h:

Thank youuuuu <33
Welcome to my first GYG!! GYG ¡Bienvenidos a mi primer blog GYG!

My goal today is to make this blog (procrastinated doing this yesterdayyy and the day beforeeeee) From one habitual disastinator to another, this blog is here to motivate me (and hopefully you too!), to keep my end-goals in sight, and to remind me of my mottos:

“Something is better than nothing”,
“Late is better than never”, and
“If something is worth doing, then it’s worth doing half-a**ed”

Name of this blog: During my GCSE’s, I always did (my version of) the bare minimum and was pretty pleased with what I had accomplished, as well as having wayyyyy too much down time haha. So I plan to keep doing it for my own sanity’s sake :smile: (spoken like a true exam crammer)
Anyways, kind people of the internet, please fasten your seatbelts cause it’s going to be a bumpy one!

Academics:
GCSE’s:

Spoiler

A Level’s (Predicted and Goalssss):

Spoiler

UCAS (Updates + Offers + More Goals!):

Spoiler

About Me :)

Hobbies/things I get up to in my free time:

Spoiler

Linguistics and language-related madness:

Spoiler

Key Updates:
(Will update this as things happen lol)

That is all for now (wow that took a long time)

I randomly came across this lol, i saw that you were looking into aviation. i am actually a private pilot flying light aircraft (pilots will die if they don't tell strangers that they are pilots lol), if you have any questions fire away.
Original post by Pwca
Let us know how it goes! Also, obvious important question - what flavour ice cream?

Ok so I can say for certain that it didn’t go absolutely horribly wrong, & I only just finished w the time that they gave us (but hey, I finished!)

& for the ice cream, w the new format I can’t seem to find a way to insert a pic that I’ve taken? So I hope this one from google will satisfy you :smile:

Omg I actually did it :biggrin:
Original post by flyingpiper26
I randomly came across this lol, i saw that you were looking into aviation. i am actually a private pilot flying light aircraft (pilots will die if they don't tell strangers that they are pilots lol), if you have any questions fire away.

Wow that’s so cool!!! I’ve only been watching some yt breakdowns of incidents or near misses, but I find the technical part to be really interesting, despite me not liking physics hahaha
I’d really love to fly a plane at least one time in my lifetime (maybe get a pilot’s licence somewhere?)
Here’s some questions for you: are there any eyesight requirements for flying? & how would one prepare to take the pilot aptitude test (for fun rn)?
Wow that’s so cool!!! I’ve only been watching some yt breakdowns of incidents or near misses, but I find the technical part to be really interesting, despite me not liking physics hahaha
I’d really love to fly a plane at least one time in my lifetime (maybe get a pilot’s licence somewhere?)
Here’s some questions for you: are there any eyesight requirements for flying? & how would one prepare to take the pilot aptitude test (for fun rn)?

As long as you can see with glasses or lenses youre allowed to fly if you keep an extra pair with you. To just fly for fun you just need private pilot licence, you can get with any flight school. no need for aptitude tests, although depending on country you will have to pass some basic pilot exams
Original post by flyingpiper26
As long as you can see with glasses or lenses youre allowed to fly if you keep an extra pair with you. To just fly for fun you just need private pilot licence, you can get with any flight school. no need for aptitude tests, although depending on country you will have to pass some basic pilot exams

That’s good news for me! I’ll def have a look into this over the summer and see if I can find somewhere to fly :smile:)
24/11/2023:
Daily reflection(s):

Update: did the assessment this morning! The first q was harder than I thought it was going to be & the opposite is true for the 2nd q
Am going to take it easy tonight I’ve had better weeks than this one this half term
Maybe I’ll get round to doing some EP or maths but who knows
Will be going on aviation yt tho lol (maybe some house flipper + Prodigal Tongue as well lol)
Hi! This thread is so cool. Good luck with everything :smile:
I follow this channel on yt - she flies a plane for fun. it might be of interest to you! https://www.youtube.com/@bayflight
hola i am also doing a level spanish but am studying El laberinto del fauno for the film instead of Volver. well done for starting a gyg forum (ive seen you around my TSR lately :biggrin:)! here are some people who would love your gyg (they also do amazing gyg forums themselves so check that out :biggrin:) : @flowersinmyhair @erin11 @rowan_willow @kayleigh_t.27 @thrivingfrog @toothysmile @Jieay20 @oliviapope1- excited to come along on the journey and am watching your thread now ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending