The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Year 2 entry to another university

I will be transferring to a new univeristy, however this depends on my grades, I have done my first year and need to reapply for student finance, if I get into my second year will I be allowed to update my student finance to the new university, Im not sure how this works so I thought its best to ask before I reapply
Original post by kye335
I will be transferring to a new univeristy, however this depends on my grades, I have done my first year and need to reapply for student finance, if I get into my second year will I be allowed to update my student finance to the new university, Im not sure how this works so I thought its best to ask before I reapply

I think you can reapply now as a continuing student and then change your course details in summer if you meet the conditions.

@PQ please can you confirm this - thanks.
Yes either way reapply as a continuing student.

When you’re sure that you’ll be moving get in touch with the student records/registry team at your current university and ask to be put in contact with whoever deals with SLC updates. Explain that you’re transferring (and the university, course and year of the new course) and ask them to process a Change of Circumstances for the 2023/24 academic year with SLC. That’s the quickest way to get things changed (although sometimes it’s as quick to do the same thing with the same team at the new university and they can force through the course/university change).

Just make sure that you don’t enrol for the 23/24 academic year on your existing course unless you’re sure that you will be staying on.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Yes either way reapply as a continuing student.

When you’re sure that you’ll be moving get in touch with the student records/registry team at your current university and ask to be put in contact with whoever deals with SLC updates. Explain that you’re transferring (and the university, course and year of the new course) and ask them to process a Change of Circumstances for the 2023/24 academic year with SLC. That’s the quickest way to get things changed (although sometimes it’s as quick to do the same thing with the same team at the new university and they can force through the course/university change).

Just make sure that you don’t enrol for the 23/24 academic year on your existing course unless you’re sure that you will be staying on.

So when i do it i get two options, 1) Re-apply for student finance now, 2) I'll re-apply for student finance later which do I do?
Original post by kye335
So when i do it i get two options, 1) Re-apply for student finance now, 2) I'll re-apply for student finance later which do I do?

Apply now if you want to be paid on time in September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending