The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan - partners studying at the same time

Hi SFE advisors, I would be grateful if you could offer meadvice in relation to my and partner’s maintenance loansituation.

My partner and I are full time students on a nursing degreecourse which we started this September 2023. My partner hasreceived her first maintenance payment of roughly £4,000while mine has been approved but waiting to be paid out.

Student finance has requested that I should complete formPFF2 (Assessment of Financial Circumstances For parentsand partners of students) in which I have to provide myearnings for April 2021-April 2022 financial year. During thatperiod I earned a total of £45,000. My partner was not workingat the time as she was looking after our children. My partnerstarted working full time from October 2022 and reduced herhours to 15 hours a week when she started her nursing coursein September 2023.

These are my questions:

1). Considering that I earned £45,000 during 2021-2022period, will this affect how much maintenance loan my partnerand I will receive?

2). Will my partner’s earning from October 2022 to date betaking into consideration when working out how much we bothget?

Thanks
Original post by hyginusoiwuh
Hi SFE advisors, I would be grateful if you could offer meadvice in relation to my and partner’s maintenance loansituation.

My partner and I are full time students on a nursing degreecourse which we started this September 2023. My partner hasreceived her first maintenance payment of roughly £4,000while mine has been approved but waiting to be paid out.

Student finance has requested that I should complete formPFF2 (Assessment of Financial Circumstances For parentsand partners of students) in which I have to provide myearnings for April 2021-April 2022 financial year. During thatperiod I earned a total of £45,000. My partner was not workingat the time as she was looking after our children. My partnerstarted working full time from October 2022 and reduced herhours to 15 hours a week when she started her nursing coursein September 2023.

These are my questions:

1). Considering that I earned £45,000 during 2021-2022period, will this affect how much maintenance loan my partnerand I will receive?

2). Will my partner’s earning from October 2022 to date betaking into consideration when working out how much we bothget?

Thanks

You question has already been answered on the Ask SFE forum.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418161

Please don't make mutiple threads on the same question.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending