The Student Room Group

Are married couples over 25 eligible for full maintenance loans?

We are a married couple over 25,about to start undergraduate course full time ,applying for student finance, I am working full time/ 22k year/ husband is SEmpl. part time/10k year/, are we eligible both for student finance/full maintenance loan/-( living outside London), ?
Original post by Kika790
We are a married couple over 25,about to start undergraduate course full time ,applying for student finance, I am working full time/ 22k year/ husband is SEmpl. part time/10k year/, are we eligible both for student finance/full maintenance loan/-( living outside London), ?

Hi Kika,

If the household income is under £25,000 then you would be assessed for the maximum maintenance loan that's applicable to you. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Dear Jason,
thank you so much for your response, our household income is 22k from my employment and 10k from my husbands SE for tax year 22/23 equal's to 32k , we both are going to apply for maintenance loan , in case of my application - I heard that my partners income is taken into consideration and in this case his income is 10k so its less than 25k ,
and in case of my husband application - my income is taken into consideration which is 22k and that is less that 25k .
I am understanding it correct? so both of us will be entitled to a max maintenance loan? 9.978£ for me and 9.978 £for my husband? Am I right?
Original post by Kika790
Dear Jason,
thank you so much for your response, our household income is 22k from my employment and 10k from my husbands SE for tax year 22/23 equal's to 32k , we both are going to apply for maintenance loan , in case of my application - I heard that my partners income is taken into consideration and in this case his income is 10k so its less than 25k ,
and in case of my husband application - my income is taken into consideration which is 22k and that is less that 25k .
I am understanding it correct? so both of us will be entitled to a max maintenance loan? 9.978£ for me and 9.978 £for my husband? Am I right?

Hi Kika,

Yes, since both of you are under £25,000 then you should be eligible for the maximum finance.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending