The Student Room Group

advice needed for transferring

my uni allows for an end of year transfer, which im thinking of doing since I'm not too happy with my course. however, If I have enough credits and a good score towards the end, would I be able to transfer to a humanities courses (im doing social science rn) to second year or would I need to start from first year again?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
my uni allows for an end of year transfer, which im thinking of doing since I'm not too happy with my course. however, If I have enough credits and a good score towards the end, would I be able to transfer to a humanities courses (im doing social science rn) to second year or would I need to start from first year again?

This is for your Uni to answer, dont be asking random people.

Greg
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there , I'm sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your course but its great that you are taking measures to make sure you got onto a course that is more suitable to your interests.
I advise you to get in touch with your faculty to confirm if you would need to start from first year , at DMU this is different for every course depending on which course you are switching to and from. But this differs for every university .In some cases you may need to start again but in other cases you may not.
I would also suggest that you thoroughly research the course you are trying to switch to ,make sure it is what you want before you change.
Goodluck and fingers crossed you can get advanced entry to second year in the degree of your interest.
Cece
Energy Engineering student
De Montfort University
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending