The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni and doing another course?

I've just finished first year criminology but I've decided that I dont really like the course and I don't want to do anything with it in the future. I've been looking at doing nursing instead as I'm more interested in doing that- but does anybody have any advice about this? Would I need to drop out and go through clearing? Also, what would happen with my student finance? (Wales)
Reply 1
Hello Ro222n
Consider speaking to academic advisors, career counselors, or professionals in the nursing field to gain further insight and guidance. They can provide valuable advice based on their expertise and experiences. Inquire about the possibility of transferring any credits you have earned during your first year of criminology. Some institutions may accept certain credits, which can shorten the duration of your nursing program. Also, contact the organisation that is giving you student finance and explain to them your situation.
Original post by ro222n
I've just finished first year criminology but I've decided that I dont really like the course and I don't want to do anything with it in the future. I've been looking at doing nursing instead as I'm more interested in doing that- but does anybody have any advice about this? Would I need to drop out and go through clearing? Also, what would happen with my student finance? (Wales)

Do you like your current university?
If so read your student handbook and find out if an internal transfer is possible.

If you want to go to a new university then you’ll need a UCAS application to use clearing. The University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of applications, clearing and ucas explains about changing university in the first post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending