The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Neuroscience MSc (2024-2025)

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone- I emailed the department yesterday and all shortlisted applicants were contacted Monday/Tuesday so anyone still waiting hasn't made it. Official rejections are coming next week :frown:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Lrl456
nothing today! it has to be early next week for sure because interviews are 22nd -26th jan

Nothing my end either, they’re really leaving it last minute to let us know lol
Reply 42
Original post by unknownlaptop
Nothing my end either, they’re really leaving it last minute to let us know lol

wait .. read the post above my one
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi everyone- I emailed the department yesterday and all shortlisted applicants were contacted Monday/Tuesday so anyone still waiting hasn't made it. Official rejections are coming next week :frown:

Would it be possible for you to show us the email?
Reply 44

oh okay! thank you for emailing them! i wish you all the best with other applications
Original post by Lrl456
wait .. read the post above my one

Oh **** 💀well that sucks but at least we know now haha, best of luck with the rest of your applications :smile:
Reply 46

Thanks for the update. Good luck to you all!!
Original post by jegholm17
Would it be possible for you to show us the email?

This is from the email: "I’m afraid I sent out the initial offers to selected candidates following our shortlisting meeting on Monday. I’m sorry that on this occasion you were not selected for interview because competition was stronger than ever with nearly 400 applicants for our 2 programmes. I will send the official emails to those not selected for interview early next week and you should see your results on the student portal later next week."
Original post by Lrl456
oh okay! thank you for emailing them! i wish you all the best with other applications

No worries- you as well!
Has anyone here received an interview email ? I just received mine. Looking for some tips for the interview if anyone’s talked to former students, would much appreciate your assistance 🙏
Original post by Anonymous #4
Has anyone here received an interview email ? I just received mine. Looking for some tips for the interview if anyone’s talked to former students, would much appreciate your assistance 🙏

Yes I just received mine too!
did the email say what the structure of the interview is like?
Reply 52
Original post by Anonymous #5
Yes I just received mine too!

what’s your background in research/uni/grades etc???
Reply 53
Anyone know if MSc Clinical & Therapeutic Neuroscience has sent out interviews/ will be soon?
Reply 54
Original post by jakeosh
Anyone know if MSc Clinical & Therapeutic Neuroscience has sent out interviews/ will be soon?

i read on the main thread that someone asked the department and they already shortlisted applicants. but might aswell just wait until u hear something back from them personally
Original post by Anonymous #2
did the email say what the structure of the interview is like?

only to prepare a 5 min presentation
Reply 56
Original post by Anonymous #4
only to prepare a 5 min presentation

Is this for the MSc in Neuroscience or the MSc in Clinical & Therapeutic Neuroscience interview?
The MSc in Clinical & Therapeutic Neuroscience’s
I did my interview this week. For those looking or trying to prepare, the interview yet feels intimidating it will turn out to be very relaxed and quick. You’re told to present a 5 min presentation on a research project you’ve conducted and would then be given some data for interpretation and asked some follow up questions which are straightforward. I learned that the aim of this Interview is to confirm that you’re a teachable candidate and able to think critically.

I hope this helps!
Anyone how did the interview for the MSc in Neuroscience? I have an interview tomorrow 🤞🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending