The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Neuroscience MSc (2024-2025)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #6
Anyone how did the interview for the MSc in Neuroscience? I have an interview tomorrow 🤞🏻

Who haha
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 61
Anyone how did the interview for the MSc in Neuroscience? I have an interview tomorrow 🤞🏻

I have my interview on Friday. Good luck!!
Anyone else here who went for the interview and felt like it was hard?
Original post by Anonymous #7
Anyone else here who went for the interview and felt like it was hard?

I Hope you all get a positive outcome. What have you been asked/how was it structured. ?
It started with a 10 minute presentation on a research project I did. This was followed by the hardest section imo, where they asked technical questions and if alternatives were considered, and some of the questions really threw me off guard. It ended why I applied to this programme.
It started with a 10 minute presentation on a research project I did. This was followed by the hardest section imo, where they asked technical questions and if alternatives were considered, and some of the questions really threw me off guard. It ended why I applied to this programme.

Don’t worry, I think through these follow up questionsthey get more insights about the applicant‘s thinkingprocess, there isn’t any good or bad answer.

Good luck!
Reply 66
Original post by AL13S
I have my interview on Friday. Good luck!!

How was it? I had mine too..
I felt like it was quite challenging, wbu?

hey! I found the follow up questions so difficult as well, they asked me about areas that I didn't learned about before
Original post by Anonymous #2
hey! I found the follow up questions so difficult as well, they asked me about areas that I didn't learned about before

Rightttt! I was so taken aback that I felt my answers were not as well thought out... and I also replied "this is beyond the scope of my knowledge" for some questions, dont know how they will feel about that...
Did someone get a decision?
Original post by Anonymous #8
Did someone get a decision?

not yet..
Reply 72
I have just received an offer!
Reply 73
Original post by AL13S
I have just received an offer!

woaahhhh congrats this is incredible !! can you tell me your grades, uni and stats and experience please becuase I got rejected pre-interview but wanted to know what they were looking for. also do u have any publications etc?
I also got an offer!!
I hadnt received anything... when was the offer sent out though?
I hadnt received anything... when was the offer sent out though?

9:53 UK time - I hope that they will get back to you!
9:53 UK time - I hope that they will get back to you!

Thank you! And congrats on your offer!
Thank you! And congrats on your offer!

Thank you!!!
Reply 79
I also got an offer!!

congrats! what are your stats and research experience/publications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending