The Student Room Group

Tablet or laptop

Hi, I'm planning to study chemistry at university next year and was wondering if anybody had any advice on what laptops would be good to use. I was thinking of getting a 2-in-1 laptop or an Ipad air and just buying a keyboard. Is an ipad a good option or will it not be able to handle everything for a university degree. I've also been looking into the zenbook flip and the surface pro.
Alternatively I could just use pen and paper and buy a laptop.
If anyone has any recommendations on what to do I would be grateful thanks :smile:
Hi. Personally I would buy a laptop rather than an iPad :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by iL1L
Hi. Personally I would buy a laptop rather than an iPad :smile:

hi thanks for your reply 🙂 would you recommend a 2-in-1 touch screen laptop to make notes or buy a normal laptop and use pen and paper?
Original post by blossomx44!
hi thanks for your reply 🙂 would you recommend a 2-in-1 touch screen laptop to make notes or buy a normal laptop and use pen and paper?

I would say the second option. I'm not at uni but that is what I do right now, and also I have heard that touch screens often stop working after a while.
Reply 4
Touch adds to the price. Other things being equal make sure you are happy with the memory / speed etc. and the screen size. Then consider touch. I have a HP with touch and it's cool but I don't use it like a tablet often. That might be me. I am OK with a keyboard rather than fingers or stylus on a screen.

There's also the getting stolen / dropped etc. angle. Make sure you are backing up somewhere online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending