The Student Room Group

retainers

hi ive had retainers for about 2 months now and i have been told to wear it only at night. i do so every night, but when i wake up my teeth feel completely like they are in the wrong place, and my front teeth specifically keep moving. It usually takes about an hour or two for my teeth to return to how they were before, and this lets me properly rest my jaw, but today my teeth just haven't and it's tiring to say the least. My front teeth feel wobbly and I'm scared that they might fall out, considering that I also have gum disease. its only my top set of retainers that are causing me this issue, but I don't want to have to pay the whole £72 to get a new retainer. help please?
Heya
That sounds awful! I’d recommend mabye speaking to your dentist if you have a good relationship with them just to check your teeth.If its causing u a lot of pain and making things worse then id say they havent molded it properly and if its causing more damage than fixing then is it worth it.id def speak to someone tho be that your dentist or orthodontist

Quick Reply

Latest