The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics and Economic History 2024 Thread

Scroll to see replies

What predicted grades and subjects has everyone applied with? Lets get this thread going!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by hk111111111
What predicted grades and subjects has everyone applied with? Lets get this thread going!

A*A*A* in Maths, Economics, and History + A in AS Further Mathematics

A*A*A*
Original post by Anonymous #3
A*A*A* in Maths, Economics, and History + A in AS Further Mathematics

How much economic history did you put in PS,and what topics did you talk about?
Original post by Anonymous #1
A*A*A*

What subjects did you take, and how much EH in your PS. Grades are solid!
How much economic history did you put in PS,and what topics did you talk about?

I talked about a decent amount of economic history,in my first paragraph I discussed how historicalperspectives can inform contemporary economicdecision making using the Great Depression and the2008 financial crisis as examples from Krugman’sbook. Then the rest of my personal statement had amore mathematical focus, but I did try to link 1paragraph to maths and economic history using alinear programming + game theory to model banks inthe Great Depression. Overall I would say 60/40 splitof economics and economic history but I tried to link the two. What about you?
I talked about a decent amount of economic history,in my first paragraph I discussed how historicalperspectives can inform contemporary economicdecision making using the Great Depression and the2008 financial crisis as examples from Krugman’sbook. Then the rest of my personal statement had amore mathematical focus, but I did try to link 1paragraph to maths and economic history using alinear programming + game theory to model banks inthe Great Depression. Overall I would say 60/40 splitof economics and economic history but I tried to link the two. What about you?

Similiar split to you, but applying pure econ everywhere else. I assume youre applying economics plus history elsewhere? I didnt do an introduction just got straight to the point essentially. Did you put your opinions on all your beliefs about the discussed topics as well?

And did you specifically mention any topics from the LSE course? Goes for everyone as well!

What did you guys also include in your concluding para? Were you able to link it back to the course, if so how?
What subjects did you take, and how much EH in your PS. Grades are solid!

econ,maths,phys
My first 3 paragraphs have quite a bit of EH in them, and the rest of them have a few scattered mentions of it
Original post by Anonymous #1
econ,maths,phys
My first 3 paragraphs have quite a bit of EH in them, and the rest of them have a few scattered mentions of it
What EH topics did you cover?
Hi have you guys received an offer yet??
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi have you guys received an offer yet??
Dont think any offers have come yet, what course did you apply for at LSE?
Econ and economic history hbu?
Original post by Anonymous #4
Econ and economic history hbu?
Same course, what subjects and predicted grades did you apply with?
On a side note, is having abbreviations like LIDCs and MNCs a big no no, or would you expect admissions team officers to know these.
Reply 36
Same course, what subjects and predicted grades did you apply with?
I’m in a French school so they don’t give our exact predicted grades unfortunately. You?
Original post by nssvzq
I’m in a French school so they don’t give our exact predicted grades unfortunately. You?
Fair enough. How much economic history as a percentage did you put in your personal statement?
Reply 38
Fair enough. How much economic history as a percentage did you put in your personal statement?
That’s tricky maybe like 40%. You?
Original post by nssvzq
That’s tricky maybe like 40%. You?
Yh 30 or 40 I reckon, what topics did you mention?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending