The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

should i accept LSE or Edinburgh??

For context I got a ABB in my a levels (and an A in an EPQ) and have received unconditional offers from Edinburgh for economics and LSE for economic history and geography. My goal in life is to work towards helping developing countries but in the mean time i want to be employable and have a good uni experience. Im not a very academic person but i would enjoy the LSE course more despite it being harder i think. What should i do?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by potatounicorn05
For context I got a ABB in my a levels (and an A in an EPQ) and have received unconditional offers from Edinburgh for economics and LSE for economic history and geography. My goal in life is to work towards helping developing countries but in the mean time i want to be employable and have a good uni experience. Im not a very academic person but i would enjoy the LSE course more despite it being harder i think. What should i do?

I think both are a good choice .
Just pick whichever u would enjoy more(edinburg)
(edited 1 month ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
LSE 100%
compare the options for modules in each course, style of teaching, and things like that. ultimately, after that if you still can't decide, it pretty much comes down to where could you imagine yourself working and living for the next 3/4 years?
Reply 4
Original post by erin11
compare the options for modules in each course, style of teaching, and things like that. ultimately, after that if you still can't decide, it pretty much comes down to where could you imagine yourself working and living for the next 3/4 years?

@potatounicorn05 This is great advice. I couldn't agree more. Quite a few conflicting ideas.

Not very academic but might like to go to the very academic based LSE.
Have very specific career focuses - are either of these courses going to directly help you achieve that or would you be better off applying for those roles now or via an apprentice?

As for student life - sure. But given it is a minimum of £28k, that is a very expensive few years if the outcome is not directly useful.

Good luck!
Original post by erin11

thank you i ended up picking LSE!!! london life seemed more interesting
thank you i ended up picking LSE!!! london life seemed more interesting

good for you :biggrin:
wishing you all the best for your time at LSE
Original post by hotpud
@potatounicorn05 This is great advice. I couldn't agree more. Quite a few conflicting ideas.
Not very academic but might like to go to the very academic based LSE.
Have very specific career focuses - are either of these courses going to directly help you achieve that or would you be better off applying for those roles now or via an apprentice?
As for student life - sure. But given it is a minimum of £28k, that is a very expensive few years if the outcome is not directly useful.
Good luck!

thank you i will take that on board!!

I think i applied to LSE more so to give myself some credibility, in a subject area i genuinely enjoy. I'm counting on that to motivate me to get the degree. But i think you are spot on in terms of the apprentice route.

I would love to find one in this are which i would be eligible for. But there are very few if any and mainly for graduates.

If you know of any PLEASE let me know would be a massive help.

Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by erin11
good for you :biggrin:
wishing you all the best for your time at LSE

thank you so much ekkkkkkkk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending