The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE politics and Economics 2023/2024

For those applying, what are your predicted grades / GCSEs / home or international ?

Predicted: A*A*A* maths, econ, chem
Gcses: 9999888887
Home applicant
(edited 6 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Predicted A*AA history, maths, politics
GCSEs: 999999888877
Home applicant too

Good luck to everyone!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Predicted A*AA history, maths, politics
GCSEs: 999999888877
Home applicant too

Good luck to everyone!

Thank you! Did you talk about economics and politics separately or together? Did you have a general theme and also did you do an equal split like LSE says?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by hr27
Thank you! Did you talk about economics and politics separately or together? Did you have a general theme and also did you do an equal split like LSE says?

Sorry for the late response, I did do 50/50, and i mainly talked about them together. Yes my general theme was based on socio-economic inequality.
I'm a current first student in Pol and Econ at the LSE and I was in your boots last year! If you have any queries feel free to ask
Reply 5
Original post by jlocordner332
I'm a current first student in Pol and Econ at the LSE and I was in your boots last year! If you have any queries feel free to ask

Cheers mate. When abouts did you get your offer? And what were your predicted grades. Not sure if a*aa and a* in Epq wil be enough (my predicted grades)
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by rghir
Cheers mate. When abouts did you get your offer? And what were your predicted grades. Not sure if a*aa and a* in Epq wil be enough (my predicted grades)

Got my offer pretty late in April, but as others were saying I wouldn't look too much into when offers come out as the LSE application process is a bit of a mystery really. I got 3A*s in Maths, Chemistry and Politics. I think your grades are good enough for most courses, but even if they are it'll be the Personal Statement that's the deciding factor as always.

How did you achieve A stars in Maths? and Chemistry?
Reply 8

How’s the social life at LSE?
Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 10
Original post by undefined

Hi! Did you have to fill in any questionnaires, asking for further information?
Reply 11
Original post by skbxrv
Hi! Did you have to fill in any questionnaires, asking for further information?

I didn’t get a questionaire
Reply 12
Original post by hr27
I didn’t get a questionaire

Thank you so much for replying,
I think it was only for pure econ applicants.
That makes me feel a lot better!
Reply 13
anyone heard back yet?
Reply 14
Original post by hr27
For those applying, what are your predicted grades / GCSEs / home or international ?

Predicted: A*A*A* maths, econ, chem
Gcses: 9999888887
Home applicant

Hey! I saw you got rejected from pol + econ! Hope you're doing okay! I was curious if you would be okay with sharing your personal statement? No worries if you don't want to! Good luck with all your other choices x
Reply 15
Original post by skbxrv
Hey! I saw you got rejected from pol + econ! Hope you're doing okay! I was curious if you would be okay with sharing your personal statement? No worries if you don't want to! Good luck with all your other choices x

Oh jeez I didn’t realise people were hearing back yet. Tough luck man, if you’re out here with 3 A*s predicted I’m not sure how I’ll fare with only one 😭
Reply 16
Original post by rghir
Oh jeez I didn’t realise people were hearing back yet. Tough luck man, if you’re out here with 3 A*s predicted I’m not sure how I’ll fare with only one 😭
pol and econ only needs AAA you'll be fine haha if you personal statement is good!
Reply 17
Original post by skbxrv
I didn’t rejected lol wtf
Reply 18
Original post by hr27
🤣🤣🤣
Reply 19
Original post by hr27
well wtf wrong person then haha 🤣🤣🤣 I swear I saw you saying on the other LSE thread you got rejected from pol + econ 🤣 must be the wrong person sorry about that haha !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending