The Student Room Group

The timeline for getting paid the postgraduate masters Student Finance

TLDR: When do you get EVERY master SFE loan payment approximately?

I'm doing a masters course which is 15 months. When I applied for the financing it asked me to click how long the course was and I put 1 year, this made me believe I would be loaned the money within a 12 ish month period spread evenly throughout.

I just got the confirmation letter and it's turns out I will get 1/6 in October (when I start), 1/6 in January, 1/6th in April. This is the total for year 1.

It says that I will be paid half in year 1 and half in year 2 but nothing else about year 2 is mentioned in the letter and the course is a 15 month course which is closer to 1 year.

Does anyone have an approx timeline of when you're supposed to get the second year payments?
Original post by Adaora.ble
TLDR: When do you get EVERY master SFE loan payment approximately?

I'm doing a masters course which is 15 months. When I applied for the financing it asked me to click how long the course was and I put 1 year, this made me believe I would be loaned the money within a 12 ish month period spread evenly throughout.

I just got the confirmation letter and it's turns out I will get 1/6 in October (when I start), 1/6 in January, 1/6th in April. This is the total for year 1.

It says that I will be paid half in year 1 and half in year 2 but nothing else about year 2 is mentioned in the letter and the course is a 15 month course which is closer to 1 year.

Does anyone have an approx timeline of when you're supposed to get the second year payments?

Hi there.

In most cases your payment dates for Year 2 will be the same as Year 1.

Around 4-6 weeks before your 2nd Year begins we'll send you a new letter confirming the exact dates, and this will show on your account too.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there.

In most cases your payment dates for Year 2 will be the same as Year 1.

Around 4-6 weeks before your 2nd Year begins we'll send you a new letter confirming the exact dates, and this will show on your account too.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,

thank you for the reply but I'm still a little confused as my course is 15 months and so can not be the same dates again for year 2 and it seems to have split the course into two 7-ish month 'years'.

Since year 1 dates are listed as Oct, Jan, Apr can I expect it to be every 3 ish months for the rest of the course?
Original post by Adaora.ble
Hi Graeme,

thank you for the reply but I'm still a little confused as my course is 15 months and so can not be the same dates again for year 2 and it seems to have split the course into two 7-ish month 'years'.

Since year 1 dates are listed as Oct, Jan, Apr can I expect it to be every 3 ish months for the rest of the course?

We can check this - what is the name of your course and university?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending