The Student Room Group

do you write a different personal statement for oxbridge specifically?

since oxbridge is early application, do you submit the same personal statement to oxbridge as you do to other universities? or can you edit it between october and january and send off a different one to the rest of the universities you apply for? (asking as a y12 btw not y13)
Same PS for all unis, regardless of when you apply.

That said Cambridge has the SAQ, which includes an optional additional personal statement section - so if you're applying to a more unique course there vs more conventional courses elsewhere, and want to write more about the specific aspects of the Cambridge course, you can do so there.
Original post by oceanb1ue
since oxbridge is early application, do you submit the same personal statement to oxbridge as you do to other universities? or can you edit it between october and january and send off a different one to the rest of the universities you apply for? (asking as a y12 btw not y13)

You can only submit one personal statement to all of the courses you apply to at different universities. (Maximum 5 choices)
Cambridge is special in that they will ask you for additional information, including an opportunity to write stuff that couldnt fit on your personal statement. More so because they do courses, that are not offered at other universities, such as land economy. For example, if your other choices were economic related degrees, at you applied for land economy at Cambridge, the courses are different, so you have an opportunity to write specifically about land economy as you need to appeal to all of the choices you applied for.

See https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/how/cambridge-application

‘My Cambridge Application is an additional form that you need to complete if you're applying to study an undergraduate degree at Cambridge. Applicants to the Graduate Course in Medicine do not need to complete My Cambridge Application.

Once you submit your UCAS application, you'll get an email from us within 48 hours with instructions and a link to your My Cambridge Application.’

‘a Cambridge specific personal statement. This is optional. For example, if you are applying to a course that is only offered at Cambridge, you can give information about why you want to study that course specifically.’

Oxford doesnt do this - only cambridge does - to my knowledge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending