The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Galleries worth the visit in London for students

My friends and i love a little day out to central but sometimes when money is tight the idea of walking around shops isn’t quite as exciting. As students in a consumer culture it is so common to just want to browse and if you’re the same then a gallery trip day out is a great plan to make!

With so many options that it can seem overwhelming, I thought it could be useful to recommend some of my favourite galleries to give you guys a starting point!

To start us off, I couldn’t write this post without mentioning the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery which are both free! Both of these galleries have so much art work that they could be days out by themselves and with so much variety there’d be no chance of getting bored! They’re both located right next to Trafalgar Square and have tube stations near by so they’re super easy to get to.

I recently wrote a post on Tate Modern but if your’e not wanting to explore modern art then Tate Britain might be more up your street! With 500 years of British art, Tate Britain offers a variety of British artists to see and discover including large collections of both Turner and Hockney. Even if you don’t know much about British art, Tate Britain is well worth a look and a super fun time!

And finally another amazing gallery id recommend would be the Saatchi gallery which is great if you love contemporary art and emerging artists! The south west London gallery always has something on and quite often has really exciting exhibitions on so it’s definitely worth a visit if you fancy seeing some contemporary art!

If you have a favourite gallery in central or locally let us know in the comments!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending