The Student Room Group

what to do during gaps between studies?

not music or mobile or socializing things . please suggest calm and normal.
Hiya 🙂

I love this question! It is immensely satisfying that more and more students engage in mindful studying. It really has positive effects on our well-being and academic performance.

I have an excellent idea for you, which I have implemented in my routine recently (and it is gorgeous!). Engage in a relaxation technique. Personally, I love the Jacobson Relaxation Technique. You can find longer and shorter versions on YouTube. It has been a game-changer for me. All tension disappears, and I am deeply relaxed afterwards. As rest is a key to staying focused and motivated, it works exceptionally well when implemented into study breaks.

I hope it was helpful 😉 If you decide to try the relaxation technique, do let me know how it will go! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 🙂 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
Original post by Anonymous #1
not music or mobile or socializing things . please suggest calm and normal.

Hi there,

Something that has been working for me is taking short 'power naps'. Although most of the time I don't actually fall asleep, I use those minutes almost like meditation where I let my mind wonder. It can be really relaxing at times and you get back into it fully energised.

Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending