The Student Room Group

Odd personal statement formatting on UCAS site.

I've finished my personal statement (under 4000 characters) and added it to the UCAS site. However, when I preview, it makes the lines really distorted with really large gaps in the lines, with sometimes only 2 or 3 words on the line before it starts a new one, despite it not being a new sentence or paragraph. This now means I am at 49 instead of 47 lines. How do I fix this?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Averageguyy
I've finished my personal statement (under 4000 characters) and added it to the UCAS site. However, when I preview, it makes the lines really distorted with really large gaps in the lines, with sometimes only 2 or 3 words on the line before it starts a new one, despite it not being a new sentence or paragraph. This now means I am at 49 instead of 47 lines. How do I fix this?

Hello, I know what you mean, as I had the same issue when I wrote my personal statement. But to get it sorted, I copied all the text and pasted it in Word Doc. I made all the settings there, and once I'd had a desired result, I copied and pasted it in UCAS. I hope this will help you.
AS computing.
Reply 2
As above - first paste it into word and remove ALL formatting and line breaks.
Original post by Averageguyy

Most applicants hit the line limit long before they hit the character limit.

Edit your PS down to 3,400-3,600 characters and it should fit within the line limit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending