The Student Room Group

UCAS glitching my personal statement?

If anyone could help with this it would be amazing! UCAS is basically doing something really strange with my personal statement. When I paste it into the box, it looks normal, but once I press ‘save and preview’, my personal statement becomes broken up, with random gaps left and the layout changed so that there is only one word on a line at some points, and sentences have paragraph breaks breaking it up. The issue is obviously that this makes my statement looks very bizarre and strangely formatted, but the bigger problem is that this also means my personal statement is pushed above the 47 line limit. When I go back to editing mode, my personal statement looks normal. I’ve emailed my teachers, but does anyone have any experience with this or any idea what is going on? Thanks so much for any advice or help!
Reply 1
Original post by Lossie01
If anyone could help with this it would be amazing! UCAS is basically doing something really strange with my personal statement. When I paste it into the box, it looks normal, but once I press ‘save and preview’, my personal statement becomes broken up, with random gaps left and the layout changed so that there is only one word on a line at some points, and sentences have paragraph breaks breaking it up. The issue is obviously that this makes my statement looks very bizarre and strangely formatted, but the bigger problem is that this also means my personal statement is pushed above the 47 line limit. When I go back to editing mode, my personal statement looks normal. I’ve emailed my teachers, but does anyone have any experience with this or any idea what is going on? Thanks so much for any advice or help!

I would try pasting it into WORD and checking for hidden characters. Have you used any non-alphabetical characters?
Or you could try pasting into a simple text editor first and then copy/paste into UCAS. As a last resort you may have to type it manually into UCAS:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending