The Student Room Group

Dropping a minor

sup. im a first year doing a combined degree, and ive started to just really hate my minor subject, to the point where its affect both my mental health and work in my major. would they let me drop the minor and just switch to the full course? i get id be behind but my minor is actually becoming the death of me
Speak with your personal tutor about it. It may well be possible to switch to the single honours version of the "major" subject, but it will vary between unis/departments/degree programmes!
Original post by Anonymous #1
sup. im a first year doing a combined degree, and ive started to just really hate my minor subject, to the point where its affect both my mental health and work in my major. would they let me drop the minor and just switch to the full course? i get id be behind but my minor is actually becoming the death of me

Hi there , I'm so sorry to hear that you have such a horrible experience with your minor .
I think its good that you want to make a change earlier on in your academic career , if you feel this way currently it is probably best that you make changes as soon as possible. As mentioned previously by @artful_lounger , you should get in touch with your personal tutor or email your programme lead to find out how you can go about changing your minor.
I would suggest that you get in touch as soon as possible and not continue to wait if you are sure about your decision .
I hope this helps .
Cece
Energy engineering student
De Montfort University
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending