The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

minor subjects

must you continue study of minor subject throughout all 3 years, or only first year?
Original post by Anonymous
must you continue study of minor subject throughout all 3 years, or only first year?

Hi,
I'm currently in my 2nd year studying Physical Geography but in my 1st year I did a minor in Ecology. I found doing a minor in 1st year really useful as it gave me the option to try a different subject area to broaden my knowledge but to also see if i was interested in my minor. Personally, I got the option to continue or drop ecology after the 1st year, however I think this depends on the subject as some degrees have certain requirements. It might be best to contact your department, to see if you can study for the whole of your degree or just your 1st year.
If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!
Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hey !
If you're choosing a minor for your first year then it will only be for first year. However, if it is your major related then you might have a similar module in yr 2 or 3 but it will not be continued as your "minor"
Hope this helps:smile:

Vyomika (LU Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending