The Student Room Group

Audit degree apprenticeship at KPMG or compsci degree at KCL?

I applied through clearing to Kings College London and got into a Computer Science degree. The grade requirements were A*A and I already had these from 2020, so was accepted for entry this year 2023/24. It's a 3 year degree.

I also applied for a degree apprenticeship with

KPMG to do auditing. I went through 2 online assessments and an interview and was accepted for the job. It is 5 years and I'd end up with an ACA qualification. I'm not sure how much the salary is right now, but I imagine not a lot.

I'm 21 now, as I did 2 years of medicine at Imperial and dropped out.

I'm super confused and don't know what to do. I don't think I want to be an accountant but I think it's good to find my way into a company so early and not add any more to my loan. But I think maybe I could make more money doing compsci in the future.

If I can defer my Kings place for a year, I might try the apprenticeship for a year and see how it is. But I feel like I'll be old for uni anyway, so not sure if delaying it even more is a good idea.

Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by halimahch
I applied through clearing to Kings College London and got into a Computer Science degree. The grade requirements were A*A and I already had these from 2020, so was accepted for entry this year 2023/24. It's a 3 year degree.

I also applied for a degree apprenticeship with

KPMG to do auditing. I went through 2 online assessments and an interview and was accepted for the job. It is 5 years and I'd end up with an ACA qualification. I'm not sure how much the salary is right now, but I imagine not a lot.

I'm 21 now, as I did 2 years of medicine at Imperial and dropped out.

I'm super confused and don't know what to do. I don't think I want to be an accountant but I think it's good to find my way into a company so early and not add any more to my loan. But I think maybe I could make more money doing compsci in the future.

If I can defer my Kings place for a year, I might try the apprenticeship for a year and see how it is. But I feel like I'll be old for uni anyway, so not sure if delaying it even more is a good idea.

Any advice?

Seeing as you do not want to be an accountant go for computer science at KCL. Do not worry about age, it’s minor everyone does university at different stages of life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending