The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Transfer to Durham Law?

About to start at Durham doing Philosophy. I have high grades in humanities subjects at A Level. Wondering how likely a transfer to Durham’s Law course would ever be if were to voice it as soon as I arrived at the uni? I assume it’s a very competitive and popular degree. I also have contextual considerations because of my school and residence so would be allowed in with considered with lower grades if I had them. Any insight into this?
You need to sit the LNAT and it’s the joint fourth most competitive law programme in the country, I highly doubt you’d be able to transfer in regardless of your grades and contextual status
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
About to start at Durham doing Philosophy. I have high grades in humanities subjects at A Level. Wondering how likely a transfer to Durham’s Law course would ever be if were to voice it as soon as I arrived at the uni? I assume it’s a very competitive and popular degree. I also have contextual considerations because of my school and residence so would be allowed in with considered with lower grades if I had them. Any insight into this?

Hiya

This website mentions everything you need to know about changes to your application- https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/what-happens-to-your-application/changes-to-your-application/

It states that:

"Following the 31 January 2024 (our UCAS equal consideration deadline), course changes will only be considered for courses where we have places available. If your preferred course is closed at UCAS, we may not be able to consider your request."

The course is still open on UCAS so I would recommend requesting the course change ASAP. You may be required to submit a substitute personal statement and/or sit the LNAT (dates for this are unavailable now and will probably only be available for international students).

It's best to make the request now instead of waiting until later as law is a competitive course and places may not be available later. Your Philosophy offer will still be safe if they're not able to offer you a place on Law. Good luck!

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest