The Student Room Group

Yr 13 A-Level academic comeback

Hi, so I know it's really late into year 13 to be attempting this, but is it at all possible for me to have a major academic comeback? I've received uni offers and my top choice is asking for AAB. Now, I have the ability to achieve this but i've missed so much content due to absence and i'm worried it's too late for me to pull it back and achieve those grades. I study English Lit, Classics and Politics. They're all essay based and i'm just struggling on where to start in terms of revision. I worry I won't be able to get these grades and honestly I am really stressed out about it all.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
For Politics the best advice I can give you is legitimately watch the news.
Keep your eye on Prime Minister's Questions, debates in the HOC, HOL
politics examiners like someone who can keep on the pulse
The same applies to your other coursework areas
The BBC news app is now your best friend.

For English Literature you need to destroy those books, break them down and highlight and annotate and then build them back up
Do past paper questions on the whole of the novel, on themes, on extracts

Now unfortunately I wouldn't know about classics but that's the best advice I can give you
Reply 2
Original post by messrreg
Hi, so I know it's really late into year 13 to be attempting this, but is it at all possible for me to have a major academic comeback? I've received uni offers and my top choice is asking for AAB. Now, I have the ability to achieve this but i've missed so much content due to absence and i'm worried it's too late for me to pull it back and achieve those grades. I study English Lit, Classics and Politics. They're all essay based and i'm just struggling on where to start in terms of revision. I worry I won't be able to get these grades and honestly I am really stressed out about it all.

I do both English Lit and Classics
message me if you need any help!

hey!! im doing AQA politics. I highly recommend seneca learning and Alan history nerd on YouTube!

you can definitely make an academic comeback - trust me!! it is not too late at all

Quick Reply

Latest