The Student Room Group

Are you working over the Christmas period?

Poll

Are you working over the Christmas period?

Are you taking the Christmas period off from work and study, or will you be hard at work?

I'm off work from the 21st onwards, then go back after Boxing Day, then I've got a couple more days off in the new year!

It's worked out quite nicely organising people's leave because I'm usually happy to go back to work those few days between Christmas and New Year :lol:

Christmas can be a difficult time for many people. If you need support- you are not alone- please reach out.
The following organisations may be able to help you:
www.samaritans.org
www.papyrus-uk.org
www.mind.org.uk
www.youngminds.org.uk
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Are you taking the Christmas period off from work and study, or will you be hard at work?

I'm off work from the 21st onwards, then go back after Boxing Day, then I've got a couple more days off in the new year!

It's worked out quite nicely organising people's leave because I'm usually happy to go back to work those few days between Christmas and New Year :lol:

I've submitted time off from next week until I get back to uni on the 5th *fingers crossed*
I've got basically a free week next week to catch up on other uni deadlines which I haven't completed this week :smile:
Hopefully work approves my time off because I've already purchased my train ticket :hide: my work is pretty good with time off in gernal, but they do leave approvals quite late :facepalm:
Just plotting the sabotage of all things Christmas :mmm: don't mind me!
Yes, I'll be working through Christmas and New Year.
Original post by Saracen's Fez

Actually yes I am I plan to work Christmas Day and Boxing Day premium rates good money
Reply 5
I used to be a carer so i sympathise for people working christmas day. I still work in the healthcare business in supplies, so I will be working 27th/28th/29th, then back on tuesday the 2nd.
Im the only one that can do this specific task during this period, due to some recent staff changes, so Ive said ill do it this year, but next year, im having the time off and they can do it next time lol .
I have a very important job to do leading up to and on Christmas! :awesome:
Sending festive tidings to all those also working :hat2: :merryxmas:
Omg my time off over Christmas got approved :woo: :dance:

So EXCITED :excited:

:party:

Time to get my Christmas on :xmas:
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Chronoscope
Omg my time off over Christmas got approved :woo: :dance:

So EXCITED :excited:

:party:

Time to get my Christmas on :xmas:

Happy for you Chrono :hugs:
Reply 9
In on Monday, then not in the office for 7 weeks.
Original post by gjd800
In on Monday, then not in the office for 7 weeks.

Sounds good if its a paid 7 weeks 😀
Reply 11
Original post by Ghostlady
Sounds good if its a paid 7 weeks 😀

It is. I spend most of the year at home thanks to the HE insistence on hybrid access and office shares. It allows for a great deal of freedom.
Original post by gjd800
It is. I spend most of the year at home thanks to the HE insistence on hybrid access and office shares. It allows for a great deal of freedom.

Thats true. I have the mondays and fridays at home and tues-thurs in the office. Its nice that i dont have a traffic jam on a friday evening, and on the days at home I have that extra time having a lie in lol
I finish work on the 22nd and then am not back to work until 2 January! I booked the three working days between Christmas and New Year back in September when the team was organising who would and wouldn't be working.
From 22nd December I am off for the rest of the year 2023. Time for resting holidays, hopefully.

Quick Reply

Latest