The Student Room Group

Not sure if I can post this here but I need helppp

There is a boy at my college who I really like, and have liked consistently for over a year now. Just for clarity, I do not speak to this boy, I sort of observe from afar 😭. However, I have spoken to various times throughout secondary school in lessons we sat together. I have never been in a relationship, and tbh only really ever liked someone in real life- by that I mean not an actor or celeb- once or twice maybe (choice isn’t the best 😂😭). From my knowledge, he hasn’t been in a relationship before either. I don’t know how to tell if someone likes you, but i always catch him looking at me. I am aware that this might just be because I have spied on him for like months, however, I can’t stop myself from believing otherwise. The most interaction I have had with him since secondary is him holding a door open for me if he enters a room before me. I feel i should also mention he speaks frequently to other girls (although some of them are just flirty with any boys and ik they mean nothing by it. And he is quite good looking so i expect him to be flirted with). Someone with experience pls tell me what to think 😭. Also, a boys perspective on this would be good x
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Talk to him and get to know him. You can't like someone properly from afar and you may not be compatible to be friends, let alone anything else.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Talk to him and get to know him. You can't like someone properly from afar and you may not be compatible to be friends, let alone anything else.
I have spoken to him in the past, and he was nice enough as someone I sat next to in lessons. I am fully aware that you can never know if your compatible with someone from afar, but don’t we all like someone secretly, but are too scared to do anything about it? I thought that was a universal experience, but maybe not 😂😭. Thank you for the useful advice 😊 x
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Unknown23!
There is a boy at my college who I really like, and have liked consistently for over a year now. Just for clarity, I do not speak to this boy, I sort of observe from afar 😭. However, I have spoken to various times throughout secondary school in lessons we sat together. I have never been in a relationship, and tbh only really ever liked someone in real life- by that I mean not an actor or celeb- once or twice maybe (choice isn’t the best 😂😭). From my knowledge, he hasn’t been in a relationship before either. I don’t know how to tell if someone likes you, but i always catch him looking at me. I am aware that this might just be because I have spied on him for like months, however, I can’t stop myself from believing otherwise. The most interaction I have had with him since secondary is him holding a door open for me if he enters a room before me. I feel i should also mention he speaks frequently to other girls (although some of them are just flirty with any boys and ik they mean nothing by it. And he is quite good looking so i expect him to be flirted with). Someone with experience pls tell me what to think 😭. Also, a boys perspective on this would be good x
I feel like you should start talking to him and see where that leads you. He may find you cute and that's why you might be catching him looking at you. I also would suggest getting to know him, even though he doesn't have a crush on you now (which we don't know yet) doesn't mean he won't in the future. I takes a lot of courage but I'm sure you have got this! Life is too short to overthink it. Give it a go!
It's worth remembering that in general men don't get approached as much as women do, so if you think he'd be good as a boyfriend I think it's worth a shot to get to know him and ask him out - the chances are he'll be impressed by you taking the initiative to do that.
i had a crush on a girl and told a few good friends about it and after a few weeks i just went up to her and told her i like her. turns out she had a bf 😂. so yeah we're over. not sure if that was relevant but in your situation i probably would just go talk to him. or like say hi or smth. talking to them is the best way to start smth.😉
Reply 6
Original post by idils
I feel like you should start talking to him and see where that leads you. He may find you cute and that's why you might be catching him looking at you. I also would suggest getting to know him, even though he doesn't have a crush on you now (which we don't know yet) doesn't mean he won't in the future. I takes a lot of courage but I'm sure you have got this! Life is too short to overthink it. Give it a go!
Thank you for the advice 🫶. I feel like trying to speak to him would be the best move atm. The worst that could happen is he doesn’t give much, or chat back which would be weird but I won’t know unless I try. I definitely don’t think I’m ‘pretty’, and I haven’t really had male attention before so I’m still skeptical that it’s in my head, but idkkkk 😭 x
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Doomotron
It's worth remembering that in general men don't get approached as much as women do, so if you think he'd be good as a boyfriend I think it's worth a shot to get to know him and ask him out - the chances are he'll be impressed by you taking the initiative to do that.
This is a very valid point, and I agree that maybe the act of approaching him alone could be enough. Thank you for your advice 🫶 x
Reply 8
Original post by Ayanokouji15
i had a crush on a girl and told a few good friends about it and after a few weeks i just went up to her and told her i like her. turns out she had a bf 😂. so yeah we're over. not sure if that was relevant but in your situation i probably would just go talk to him. or like say hi or smth. talking to them is the best way to start smth.😉
I am not sure if he has told friends, but one of his close ones also looks at me too, so not sure what that’s bout. Tbh I wouldn’t go as far as to say he has a crush on me cos tbf I can safely say I haven’t had male attention before, and I tend to overthink so I may be making something huge out of nothing. Although I feel like I do see him everywhere and we always catch each others gaze so idkkk 😭 x
u friends with that friend on his
Reply 10
u friends with that friend on his
I’m not sure what you mean by this. If you mean the other girls he flirts with, one of them started speaking to me more recently, and even brought him up in one of our conversations, but I know it’s only because she likes him. It annoys me because people like her flirt with anyone regardless of anything, I just want to have this crush for myself 😭
I’m not sure what you mean by this. If you mean the other girls he flirts with, one of them started speaking to me more recently, and even brought him up in one of our conversations, but I know it’s only because she likes him. It annoys me because people like her flirt with anyone regardless of anything, I just want to have this crush for myself 😭
u said before in your prev post that one of his close friends look at you. do they perhaps know about how u feel? have u told any close friends about him? 🤷*♂️
Reply 12
u said before in your prev post that one of his close friends look at you. do they perhaps know about how u feel? have u told any close friends about him? 🤷*♂️

Ahh I understand now. My closest friend knows about him, and another friend knows I have a crush, but not who it is. She is also quite new to the college so she doesn’t really know people, just my best friend knows. My best friend doesn’t really speak to boys, so I know I’m safe from her telling him. And yes, his friend does still act odd, like staring and other things, but I am not sure why this is. I used to think maybe he knows something about me but I don’t wanna get my hopes up at any chance the other boy likes me 😭 x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending