The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Lacking english language qualifications.. is the timeline too tight for VISA?

Hello. I have just been told by University of Liverpool that they are not able to continue with my application on the basis that I do not have IELTS or TOEFL. As I am an international student who needs to apply for a VISA, I have been told (impliedly) that the timeline would be too tight as the course will start on 25th September 2023.

Does anyone know what are the timeline for this? I can arrange to take the IELTS on the Computer but the nearest test date is next Tuesday. The results will also take 3-5 days to release.

I have asked Liverpool if they could hold my application until then but I am not hopeful. Kindly advise! Thank you

p.s. I do have a foundation certificate from Kaplan Singapore but am unsure if they accept it.. though I have seen on their admissions page that they accept "Foundation Certificate from University of Liverpool International College (UoLIC) and other Kaplan International Colleges".
Hi there,

It is very difficult to advise on this, since all the decisions are made at the discretion of the admissions team. Best of luck though :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending