The Student Room Group

Keele University A104 2024 Entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sormarija
congrats when is the interview for?
booked it for 18th of march i shouldve done the one for february cus that would mean i would have no more interviews and i would just focus on my a levels but oh well
Reply 41
Anyone else had had interview invites or rejections yet? If you’ve sat your interview how was it?
Reply 42
hi got an interview- they said when i called them for the A104 course theyd be giving them out on 26th and 27th feb any interview invites and rejections
Reply 43
Hey ! Has anyone had an interview..if so could anyone clarify the layout of the interview - roughly how long each part it is. And also if the format is more like MMI or panel…
Original post by Meery55
Hey ! Has anyone had an interview..if so could anyone clarify the layout of the interview - roughly how long each part it is. And also if the format is more like MMI or panel…

Hiya :smile:
The interview is two MMIs stations which are both seperate from eachother, in case of mine, there was a two hour gap between the two session

They would give two email regarding each one and a link for you to join, it should last around 15 minutes.
For my case, they mostly asked my questions but I am unsure if the tasks will be the same for the other applicants haha
Original post by Somebody09
The interview is two MMIs stations which are both seperate from eachother, in case of mine, there was a two hour gap between the two session
They would give two email regarding each one and a link for you to join, it should last around 15 minutes.
For my case, they mostly asked my questions but I am unsure if the tasks will be the same for the other applicants haha
Hello,
I have read online that there is a roles and responsibilities form that previous years had to complete and online I saw that we have to do some math test at the end or beginning of the interview is this true?
Thank you :-)
Reply 46
Thank you for your response! How do you feel it went! I’m super nervous about mine… some have said its MMI but then others describe it like its a panel so i’m really confused haha!
Original post by urdadhey
Hello,
I have read online that there is a roles and responsibilities form that previous years had to complete and online I saw that we have to do some math test at the end or beginning of the interview is this true?
Hi!
I am not 100% sure about the role and responsibilities, but since they didnt send me an email regarding that, I assume thats perhaps for the applicant who applied medicine without foundation year.

But its better to check spams every now and then haha
Original post by Meery55
Thank you for your response! How do you feel it went! I’m super nervous about mine… some have said its MMI but then others describe it like its a panel so i’m really confused haha!

Thank you :smile:
They said it was a MMI station, but for me, it felt it was mostly questions asked on personal stuff and several other topics, think of it as a conversation.

I cant really say which type of questions since it would break the rules in the thread and it might not be similar, but to just try not to memorise the answers and stay calm and collected

Heres my two tips:

-I also suggest you to get comfort with follow-up questions, they might not use it as much but they might ask you when you least expect it, the last thing you need is start rambling nonsense :frown:

-Mention ANYTHING in your personal statement, since the interviewers wouldnt read it so its your best chance to sell yourself out , you might impress them even with the smallest thing as long as you evaluate it, this builds your awareness and self-confidence

The best of luck to everyone for the upcoming mocks, these 15 minutes end quite quickly:p:
Reply 49
Thank you :smile:
They said it was a MMI station, but for me, it felt it was mostly questions asked on personal stuff and several other topics, think of it as a conversation.
I cant really say which type of questions since it would break the rules in the thread and it might not be similar, but to just try not to memorise the answers and stay calm and collected
Heres my two tips:
-I also suggest you to get comfort with follow-up questions, they might not use it as much but they might ask you when you least expect it, the last thing you need is start rambling nonsense :frown:
-Mention ANYTHING in your personal statement, since the interviewers wouldnt read it so its your best chance to sell yourself out , you might impress them even with the smallest thing as long as you evaluate it, this builds your awareness and self-confidence
The best of luck to everyone for the upcoming mocks, these 15 minutes end quite quickly:p:
Thank you so much for your response , this was perfect! I hope you hear back with some good news soon! Xx
Reply 50
i went to the open day but forgotten what they have said. i accidentally deleted the pics from the open day but i think there is role play station from what i remember them saying
Reply 51
hi anybody received any offers
Reply 52
Original post by mini01
hi anybody received any offers
Have you done your interview? Have you heard back… how did it go!
Not yet.
Reply 54
Original post by Meery55
Have you done your interview? Have you heard back… how did it go!

Hi done my interview. Don’t think it went very well. Have a Really bad cold at the moment. Not heard anything back yet.
Did my interview 3 days ago i dont really like how it was split up into 2 parts and there was a lack of communication cus i was confused as to why i had 2 interview times. one was at 2:40 then another at 4:40. kinda wierd as i had to ask the first interview why i had 2. overall was pretty good actually
hey guys I had my interview on the 19th of March. Overall I think it went alright. The first part of the interview was horrible, went too quick and the interviewers were so expressionless and the questions were weird. I absolutely loved the second part the people that were interviewing were so nice and the questions were amazing.
not sure if I have done enough though.. has anyone heard anything back post interview? keele was my only interview so I'm bricking it.
Reply 57
Original post by 284MUMAR01
hey guys I had my interview on the 19th of March. Overall I think it went alright. The first part of the interview was horrible, went too quick and the interviewers were so expressionless and the questions were weird. I absolutely loved the second part the people that were interviewing were so nice and the questions were amazing.
not sure if I have done enough though.. has anyone heard anything back post interview? keele was my only interview so I'm bricking it.

Hey hope you hear back with some good news soon! How did you prepare for your interview? Any advice (without breaking any rules) would be appreciated!
Original post by Meery55
Hey hope you hear back with some good news soon! How did you prepare for your interview? Any advice (without breaking any rules) would be appreciated!

Well I think for keele it’s really important to reflect on your work experience and values you’ve picked up from that. So like team work, empathy etc. also just practice all the common questions asked by med schools. Practice ethical scenarios. And practice a lot so you don’t stutter or forget what to say :smile:
Original post by urdadhey
Hello,

Not anymore, neither

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending