The Student Room Group

AQA A-level physics

Hi,Could someone give a list of resources (free ones would be appreciated), that are really useful for studying AQA A-level physics? For example, for understanding content, examplar questions, past papers...I have used PMT and CGP books, but are there any better ones?Thank you!
Original post by joshisera14
Hi,Could someone give a list of resources (free ones would be appreciated), that are really useful for studying AQA A-level physics? For example, for understanding content, examplar questions, past papers...I have used PMT and CGP books, but are there any better ones?Thank you!

Hiya,

I'm a current 3rd year astrophysics and cosmology student at Lancaster Uni and during my physics a-level I used PMT a lot! CGP is also great so keep going with those two for practice q's and understanding content. I also used Science Shorts (webiste and youtube channel) to understand a few topics a bit better and to go through some exam questions. He has pre-made mind maps that are available to print on his website and goes through them on his channel, which was great as I used them to understand a lot of basics that really helped me build my knowledge for more complex methodologies. I also utilised my teachers a lot: asking them to go through topics you don't understand / asking them for more practice questions within particular topics as they have so much more access to exam questions and tend to say yes when sharing them with students. I also used Isaac Physics, who have a pratice question book and a website where you can practice these questions too, only issue is you might have to ask your teacher for an account for that one (I can't remember if it's free).

I hope all this helps and wishing you all the best for your future! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
-- Arya (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest