The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i got my photo....it looks cool! but i had to pay loads and loads (35 quid).....but it did have a wooden frame and everything!
Reply 81
I got mine at the end of last term... cost me £35 as well, majorly expensive but something I had to have :smile:
Reply 82
:frown: where's mine!! Did it get delivered to college?
Reply 83
Girton College must have the fittest people because they trek it into town every day.
Reply 84
Clodagh
I just remembered! I paid £18 to the gits that are Gillman and Soame and my matriculation photo hasn't turned up! Has anyone else received theirs? Or maybe Corpus are being lazy and incompetent again.

We've got loads left over. Do you want a Hertford one instead?

"Hmm, we've got x orders for matriculation photos in general. Let's not bother actually counting how many individual colleges asked for"
Reply 85
Ok. I'll cut a picture of my head out and stick it on.
Reply 86
RxB
We've got loads left over. Do you want a Hertford one instead?

"Hmm, we've got x orders for matriculation photos in general. Let's not bother actually counting how many individual colleges asked for"

We still haven't had the Lincoln Matriculation Photo either! We've got our individual prints and I gave a cheque last term for the big one but still no photo :hmpf:
Reply 87
H&E
I'm told Lincoln do one each year. Not sure who it is they swap with though. Oxymoron clearly does. As does sjeh. Not that he's ever posted, mind...

<starts frantically waving> I'm a Lincolnite too Binya, or are you trying to keep a low profile after your attempt to con me with Robin?!

We had a formal hall swap with Downing. They came bout a week ago (Hay went I'm sure) and I think we're going to Downing in 7/8wk.
Reply 88
Willa
i got my photo....it looks cool! but i had to pay loads and loads (35 quid).....but it did have a wooden frame and everything!

same here, ours cost about 45 quid with the frame and with calligraphy college crest and stuff on the top. looks sooooo good though.
Reply 89
Hoofbeat
<starts frantically waving> I'm a Lincolnite too Binya, or are you trying to keep a low profile after your attempt to con me with Robin?!

We had a formal hall swap with Downing. They came bout a week ago (Hay went I'm sure) and I think we're going to Downing in 7/8wk.

wow, i was invited on that swap cos they needed to make up numbers, but it was too short notice and i had already agreed to go to the theatre with a friend. Is lincoln partnered with downing then?
Reply 90
are there many events involving both oxford and cambridge colleges?
Reply 91
Hoofbeat

Think it was Simon (B) who told me bout it, is all.

And we weren't trying to con you! Just hoping for a bit of a laugh. You didn't really fall for it anyway...
Reply 92
H&E
Think it was Simon (B) who told me bout it, is all.

And we weren't trying to con you! Just hoping for a bit of a laugh. You didn't really fall for it anyway...

Was this something that happened at my birthday party? Or just something I missed in general??
Reply 93
F. Poste
Was this something that happened at my birthday party? Or just something I missed in general??

Yes it was at Thirst. Binya, Simon & Matt thought it would be amusing to trick me into thinking that Robin from Oriel was a complete Novice rower and they were trying to get me talking to him continuously about rowing etc. Luckily, I was quite suspicious of the whole affair (felt like I was being 'set-up' in more ways than one!) and didn't lurch into a full blown rowing conversation. Anyways, when Robin & Binya left, Simon couldn't contain himself any more and he and Matt told me he was a Blues rower and and is in the crew for the Boat Race. So they're practical joke (I should have remembered Binya that you told me you were renowned for your jokes) kind of failed. But never mind, your party was wicked!!!!!!! :cheers: :biggrin:

Btw, Willa, I think Lincoln are indeed twinned with Downing - quite cool I think! Thanks for your rowing PM - sorry I haven't replied, been really busy! Hope it's all going well.

Latest

Trending

Trending