The Student Room Group

EPQ Grade

I completed my EPQ last year and have recently received a raw grade of 47/54 in it. However, I will not receive my grade from the exam board until later next year when all applications will already be submitted.
Some of the Unis I have applied for reduce the entry requirements by a grade if an A or B is achieved in it, but as my EPQ grade is currently put as pending on UCAS, as requested by my school, how will I receive lower grades. Will they change the grades of my contextual offer after I receive my final EPQ grade or is the grade reduction only useful in clearing?
Reply 1
Original post by pls helpsvebrtg
I completed my EPQ last year and have recently received a raw grade of 47/54 in it. However, I will not receive my grade from the exam board until later next year when all applications will already be submitted.
Some of the Unis I have applied for reduce the entry requirements by a grade if an A or B is achieved in it, but as my EPQ grade is currently put as pending on UCAS, as requested by my school, how will I receive lower grades. Will they change the grades of my contextual offer after I receive my final EPQ grade or is the grade reduction only useful in clearing?

Your school will add the grade in (along with your reference) when you pay & send to them.
It's likely that the grade boundaries haven't been released yet, which is why they've told you to put it as pending.
Original post by mesub
Your school will add the grade in (along with your reference) when you pay & send to them.
It's likely that the grade boundaries haven't been released yet, which is why they've told you to put it as pending.

How will they know what grade to add if the boundaries haven't been released yet. I've already paid and sent btw if that makes any difference.
Reply 3
Original post by mesub

How will they know what grade to add if the boundaries haven't been released yet. I've already paid and sent btw if that makes any difference.

Then they're likely to use your predicted grade and/or include your raw score in your reference.

If you’re taking an EPQ then your offer will be along the lines of “AAA from 3 A levels OR AAB from 3 A levels and an A in EPQ”.
You don’t need to have your epq grade at the point of applying, your offer just has an OR in it
Reply 5
As above - if the Uni makes alternative offers for EPQs and they can see that you have taken this, they will make you the alternative offer - even if there is no EPQ grade on your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending