The Student Room Group

university applicants

hi, I was looking at the universities id like to apply to and I saw that I am not eligible for a contextual offer but the area I live in is considered to be a low income area(its one of the most vulnerable boroughs) what should I do since I am a bit concerned whether I'll be able to get the minimum required predicted grades when I submit my application.
Original post by science_lab_rat
hi, I was looking at the universities id like to apply to and I saw that I am not eligible for a contextual offer but the area I live in is considered to be a low income area(its one of the most vulnerable boroughs) what should I do since I am a bit concerned whether I'll be able to get the minimum required predicted grades when I submit my application.

You need to check what you are eligible for. These are typically based on if your school is underperforming relative to national standards, if you are from a single parent household or are low-income/FSM. If you are eligible based on underrepresentation from your house postcode this should be flagged on your application as they will have this information when you apply automatically.

If you are not eligible then you just need to apply based on the strengths of your application with your current grades, and do your best to attain any offers you receive (whilst being sensible with what unis you pick.. it’s ok to be ambitious but also needs to be coupled with a level of pragmatism).
Original post by science_lab_rat

Different universities have different criteria for contextual offers. Check the ones in which you are interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending