The Student Room Group

Personal statement contextual offer?

So, I come from a 1st gen immigrant family, neither parents went uni, live on a single income from a blue collar job, attended state schools through my entire education, and live in relatively deprived area compared to other places in my town, if I had mentioned some of these in my PS, does the uni take this into note when it comes to considering me for a contextual?
Original post by user787
So, I come from a 1st gen immigrant family, neither parents went uni, live on a single income from a blue collar job, attended state schools through my entire education, and live in relatively deprived area compared to other places in my town, if I had mentioned some of these in my PS, does the uni take this into note when it comes to considering me for a contextual?

You don't need to mention them in your personal statement.
The universities will know
Read https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-resources-and-training/tools-and-resources-help-you/contextualised-admissions-how-it-works-practice#:~:text=%27Applicants%20who%20are%20eligible%20for,have%20taken%20part%20in%20an

‘‘Applicants who are eligible for a contextual offer are flagged in our student records management system automatically, using information taken from their UCAS form (school code, postcode, and time spent in care), or flagged on our system by a member of the widening participation team, if they have taken part in an outreach programme. If they are made an offer, it is automatically at the contextual level and a bespoke set of communications are triggered.’’
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
You don't need to mention them in your personal statement.
The universities will know
Read https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-resources-and-training/tools-and-resources-help-you/contextualised-admissions-how-it-works-practice#:~:text=%27Applicants%20who%20are%20eligible%20for,have%20taken%20part%20in%20an

‘‘Applicants who are eligible for a contextual offer are flagged in our student records management system automatically, using information taken from their UCAS form (school code, postcode, and time spent in care), or flagged on our system by a member of the widening participation team, if they have taken part in an outreach programme. If they are made an offer, it is automatically at the contextual level and a bespoke set of communications are triggered.’’

Good to hear, thanks for the info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending